|Get Atlanta BeltLine updates right in your inbox!|
The Atlanta BeltLine
Where Atlanta Comes Together. Learn more
Atlanta BeltLine Etiquette
The BeltLine is for Everybody.
The Atlanta BeltLine averages approximately two million users annually and we want to ensure that everyone helps foster a courteous, safe, and clean experience. Learn more about our BeltLine rules of etiquette. Thank you for sharing the trail!
Rules of Etiquette
- Slow down
- Pick up your litter
- Clean up after your pet
- Keep children close
- Keep your ears open
- Keep eyes on the trail when using phones
- Share the trail
- Slower traffic stay right
- Walk only in twos, side-by side
- Step off the trail to talk or stop
- Leash your pets and keep them close
- Pass on the left
- Call “left” or ring your bell when passing
- Step off the trail to stop
- Park scooters and other e-devices off of the trails
Help Spread #beltlinecharm!
The etiquette campaign reminds trail users how to keep the Atlanta BeltLine fun and enjoyable for everyone. You may spot #beltlinecharm signs out on the trail!
Periodically, we will call for volunteers to join us in spreading the etiquette message by holding signs on the trails with fun, simple reminders!
We will post these and other upcoming volunteer opportunities on our event calendar.Take a peek at our etiquette signs.
Take them with you!
Download our handy etiquette flyer here and take the courtesy basics with you!