This nearly three-acre site offers water views of Peachtree Creek and sits close to the intersection of Garson Drive and Piedmont Road, near Lindbergh City Center and Lindbergh MARTA station. It is situated on the future Atlanta BeltLine Northeast Trail and connector trails, with quick access to the growing regional trail network of PATH400, South Fork Confluence Trail, and the Peachtree Creek Greenway. 579 Garson Drive provides for a unique development opportunity for affordable mixed-use development in Southern Buckhead.
As the owner of this land, Atlanta BeltLine, Inc. will select a developer who shares its priorities of affordable housing, commercial affordability, and economic development. The intersection of these goals is one of the key tools ABI will use to tackle overall affordability in Atlanta BeltLine neighborhoods.
- ABI presented market and land use findings at a public meeting in October 2022. ABI will continue to seek feedback and guidance from community members.
- On January 31, 2023, ABI published a Request for Proposals for a developer for the site. The RFP and all supporting documentation can be viewed here. Proposals are due May 1, 2023.
- Details on upcoming and past meetings can be found at beltline.org/meetings.
Additional Site Details
2.688-acre mixed-use property at 579 Garson Drive, Atlanta, GA 30324
- Walkable to grocery stores, retail, and restaurants
- Easy access to GA 400 and I-85
- On the banks of Peachtree Creek Located in Atlanta BeltLine Subarea 7, BeltLine TAD, and BeltLine Overlay
- Current zoning is SPI-15 SA4 and C-2-C. In order to build multifamily property, parcels will need to be consolidated and one parcel will need to be rezoned
To learn more about 579 Garson Drive development, we encourage you to review the documents and reports below.
|579 Garson Drive Frequently Asked Questions|
View frequently asked questions regarding the 579 Garson Drive development (e.g. key facts, zoning requirements, tips for developers, housing policy and more).
|Developer Forum & Procurement Training Presentation|
Check out the presentation from the developer forum and procurement training held on Tuesday, October 25, 2022.
|Garson Drive Developer Forum Participant List|
View list of attendees from the Garson Drive Developer Forum held on Tuesday, October 25, 2022.