With mounting concerns that revitalization could drive up home appraisals, property appreciation, and higher property taxes, the Legacy Resident Retention Program is a resource for current homeowners to cover the cost of increases in property taxes to prevent displacement.
The program assists homeowners with existing property tax bills through tax year 2030. It operates as a grant and does not require participants to pay back any funds received.
As one of our priorities to ensure that current residents can stay in their communities, the Atlanta BeltLine Partnership (ABP) and Atlanta BeltLine, Inc. (ABI) are partnering to support our neighborhoods. ABP provides all funding for the program, sourced from philanthropic contributions.
- An annual household income below 100% of the area median income (AMI) to participate (see table below). Read more about AMI and what it means.
- Reside in a home within the program boundaries which includes only homeowners within Simpson/Hollowell, Upper Marietta/Westside Park, RDA/Cascade, and The Heritage Communities of South Atlanta
- Resident must have lived in their home prior to March 2017 and are currently living in their home. If you do not have homestead exemption, please still apply. We may be able to help.
- Existing homeowners are eligible
- Heirs of property are eligible, as long as they meet all other qualifications
If homeowners presently have any encumbrance attached to or binding upon their property, continue to submit a Pre-Registration Form and someone from our office will contact you. Encumbrances include back taxes, pending legal action, or easement disputes.
|Household Size 100% AMI||100% AMI|
To apply, please fill out the application form below and follow the submittal instructions. Assistance will be provided to qualified applicants on a first come, first served basis as funding is available. All form fields are required.