Register for a bus, bike or an arboretum walking tour. Use our booking calendar to find availability and to register for any of our tours.
|Get Atlanta BeltLine updates right in your inbox!|
The Atlanta BeltLine
Where Atlanta Comes Together. Learn more
Atlanta BeltLine Tours
The Atlanta BeltLine Up Close and Personal
Join us for an Atlanta BeltLine adventure unlike any other! The Atlanta BeltLine is a rapidly evolving part of Atlanta's past, present, and future, and you can't appreciate its importance to our City without experiencing it first-hand. The best way to be “in the know” is to take a tour!
How to Register for a Tour
- Search for Bus, Bike or Walking tours availability with our booking system below.
- Select tour preference to register and follow booking instructions.
- Upon registration submission you will receive a confirmation email.
Hop on the Atlanta BeltLine Bus Tour
The Atlanta BeltLine Bus Tour offers a unique glimpse into the exciting developments along the Atlanta BeltLine. Ride in comfort while learning about the events that brought the Atlanta BeltLine into being, the latest projects happening along the Atlanta BeltLine, and the incredible long-term plans for the entire 22-mile corridor.
Hop on the
Atlanta BeltLine Tour
Environmentally and ADA
The Atlanta BeltLine Partnership offers narrated handicapped accessible bus tours of the Atlanta BeltLine. Reservations are required. Please review the tour details below for tour registration, and check out our FAQs for general questions. Group and private tours are available; details are listed below. The Atlanta BeltLine bus is operated and maintained through our partnership with Greene Worldwide Transportation.
- Friday and Saturday mornings at 9:30 a.m.
- Tours depart from the Inman Park MARTA station PROMPTLY at 9:30 a.m. and return by 12:30 p.m. (Tours include a brief rest stop in West End)
- Note: Tours do not currently include the Quarry.
- Reservations are $22 per seat. (refundable only if canceled at least 48 hours in advance)
- Those requiring ADA assistance should email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 404-446-4400.
- Participants must check in by 9:15 a.m. or their seat may be released.
Tour Departure Location
- Tours begin at Inman Park MARTA station located at 1055 Dekalb Avenue, NE, Atlanta, GA 30307 (get map and directions or take MARTA to the station). There is be ample parking at the MARTA station for tour-goers but please consider walking, riding your bike or taking MARTA to the station.
- There are two sides to the MARTA station. The Inman Park side is on the north side of Dekalb Ave. The bus will be parked on the Inman Park side (not the Reynoldstown side). GPS will take you to the wrong side of the station. Please be sure to input the address directly into your GPS system.
- View Atlanta BeltLine Bus tour pick up map
Important Tour Notes
- Tours do not currently include the Quarry.
- We do not offer tours on Holiday weekends. On Holiday weekends there will be no tours listed on the registration calendar.
On regularly scheduled tour dates, we can accommodate limited group participation for groups of 15 or fewer participants. If you have a larger group, please contact us at email@example.com or leave a message for us on our Tours Hotline at 404-446-4400 so we can work with you to determine touring options.
Private tours are available most days, pending bus and tour guide availability. Private tours can accommodate up to 32 guests per tour, and are subject to a tour fee (nonprofit rates are available). As a nonprofit organization with limited resources, we are unable to offer free private tours. We thank you for your support and your understanding as we try to provide as many private group tours as possible.
If you have any questions, please contact Alice Weston at firstname.lastname@example.org or 404-446-4404.
To learn more about private tour options, and to inquire about availability, please complete the following form and our tour coordinator will reach out to you within one business day.
Select to Complete Private Tour Request Form
Frequently Asked Questions
If your specific question is not addressed here, please contact Alice Weston, Tour Coordinator email@example.com.
Why is there a charge for tours?
All the reservations are full. Is there a wait list?
Do you accept walk-ups on the morning of the tour?
I use a wheelchair/walker. Can I take the bus tour?
Explore the Atlanta BeltLine Arboretum
Envisioned as a one-of-a-kind 22-mile linear expanse, the Atlanta BeltLine Arboretum forms a unique tapestry whose natural fabric reveals a plant-based narrative of our city’s rich history. The Atlanta BeltLine Arboretum is an ever-changing, dynamic natural space that is open year round to everyone but may be best appreciated through the Walking Tours guided by Trees Atlanta Docents.
Enjoy fresh air, new city views, fascinating Atlanta history, and every season of horticulture interest! Come walk the Atlanta BeltLine with an expertly trained Trees Atlanta Docent and learn firsthand from a well-trained expert to learn about Atlanta BeltLine Arboretum. These walking tours explore the Eastside Trail with a strong focus on the horticultural collections and interesting facts about the Atlanta BeltLine. A walking tour of the Atlanta BeltLine is the best way to see the progress and be active at the same time!
- Tour groups meet Fridays and Saturdays.
- From October – May, tours depart at 10am and return at 11:30am.
- From June – September, tours depart at 9am and return at 10:30am.
- Reservations are required.
- Space is limited to 20 tour attendees.
- Visit our tour booking calendar for availability and registration information.
- From October – May participants must check in by 9:45 a.m.
- From June – September participants must check in by 8:45 a.m.
Tour Departure Location
- Behind Parish Restaurant, located at 240 N. Highland Ave. in Inman Park from the Atlanta BeltLine’s Eastside Trail.
- Tour guests are encouraged to walk, bike, or take public transit as street parking is limited.
Attire & What to Bring
- Wear: Comfortable shoes and clothing.
- Bring: drinking water, bug spray, and sunscreen are all highly recommended.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the Atlanta BeltLine Arboretum?
What is a Walking Tour?
What is Trees Atlanta?
Take the Atlanta BeltLine for a Spin
This is an exciting time to be a fan of the Atlanta BeltLine, which will connect Atlanta through greenspace, trails, transit, development, affordable housing and art along 22 miles of historic rail segments that encircle the city's urban core. Join us for an intimate view of Atlanta's present and past, and a glimpse into what the future holds.
The Atlanta BeltLine Partnership offers free, guided bike tours of the Atlanta BeltLine on Saturday mornings at 9:00 a.m. and Sunday afternoons at 2 p.m. Enjoy the ride while you learn about the Atlanta BeltLine concept, history, and updates on project planning, implementation and development.
These tours will include rest stops highlighting assets and points of interest along the Atlanta BeltLine. Staff will lead the rides, and each group will have a ride sweep to help with any unexpected mechanical difficulties.
We highly encourage walk-ons and would love for you to still join us even if you haven’t registered! In the event that there are no scheduled participants, the tour will be canceled and only registered names will be notified. For cancellations, please call 404.446.4400
What to Bring
Riders should bring a multi-geared bicycle in good working condition, wear comfortable clothing, wear a helmet, and bring a water bottle. If you don’t have your own bike yet, rental options are available at Mountain High Outfitters at Ponce City Market for Saturday’s tour and WeCycle Atlanta for Sunday’s tour.
Bike Rental Options
Participants wishing to rent a bike for Saturday’s tour do not need to make a reservation with Mountain High Outfitters, but must arrive 30 minutes prior to the tour start in order to secure a bike. (For those interested in renting a bike from Mountain High Outfitters, please see flyer with list of rental fees.)
Participants wishing to rent a bike for Sunday’s tour do not need to make a reservation with WeCycle Atlanta, but must arrive 30 minutes prior to the tour start in order to secure a bike.
- Groups are limited to 25 participants on regularly scheduled tour dates.
- Reservations are required and are open for all regularly scheduled tour dates.
- Participants must check in 15 minutes before the ride starts.
Get More Info
Questions? Please contact: Alice Weston, Program Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org or leave a message for us on our Tours Hotline at 404-446-4400.