|Get Atlanta BeltLine updates right in your inbox!|
The Atlanta BeltLine
Where Atlanta Comes Together. Learn more
Adopt the Atlanta BeltLine
Be a Part of the Progress on the Atlanta BeltLine
A partnership between Park Pride, Trees Atlanta, the Atlanta BeltLine Partnership, and Atlanta BeltLine Inc., the Adopt-the-Atlanta BeltLine program provides an opportunity for community groups to play a direct role in improving and maintaining the Atlanta BeltLine.
Adopt an Atlanta BeltLine Segment or Volunteer at an Atlanta BeltLine Park
Until recently, our adoption program only featured opportunities to help maintain segments of the Atlanta BeltLine trail itself. Now, we are excited to work with partner groups to also offer volunteer opportunities within parks on the Atlanta BeltLine. Along with sections of the Atlanta BeltLine, there are numerous parks along the Atlanta BeltLine where groups can commit to volunteer and assist the efforts of existing “Friends of the Park” groups. We hope you will pitch in to help keep the Atlanta BeltLine beautiful!
Adoption Group Responsibilities
During your one-year, renewable commitment, you will be expected to visit your adopted 1/4-mile BeltLine segment regularly to:
- Pick up litter
- Maintain greenspace through weeding and invasive plant removal
- Report maintenance concerns, vandalism, or suspicious activities
- Other volunteer projects will be determined as the Atlanta BeltLine progresses – the scope of the adoption program will evolve along with the Atlanta BeltLine
Adoption Group Types
There are two categories of adoption groups with slightly different requirements:
- Local groups are the eyes and ears for the adopted segment and will generally conduct monthly (or more frequent) site visits and smaller clean-ups. Minimum requirement: 3 hours per month
- Corporate/regional groups will generally organize larger quarterly projects, visiting the segment less frequently than the local group but meeting a higher number of volunteer hours. Minimum requirement: 15 hours per quarter
How to Get Started
To request a segment for adoption, please take the following steps:
- Click on the map to the right to explore the adoptable segments.
- Fill out the simple form below and select your segment preference. If your preferred segment is not available, please select one of the “First Available” options and specify your preference in the comments box so we can add you to the waiting list.
- A representative from Park Pride will follow up with you to explain the next steps.
Segment Adoption Request Form
Complete the form below to adopt a segment of the Atlanta BeltLine trail. Also use this form to volunteer with a “Friends of” group at an Atlanta BeltLine Park.
[contact-form-7 id="1709" title="Adopt the Atlanta BeltLine"]
Note: Segment availability is not guaranteed, but you can be placed on a waiting list for any openings.
Thank you to the following generous organizations who have adopted the Atlanta BeltLine. Please explore our Volunteer Spotlight blog posts to learn more about dedicated adopters.
You can reference the blue map (Adopt the Atlanta BeltLine Directory) in the right sidebar to see the location of each section.
View the Full List of Adopters
NE = Northeast Segment
NE1: Fitzgerald Realty, Inc. + Inman Alley
NE2: Pulte Homes + Wilderness Network
NE3: Inman Park Neighborhood Association + Grinnell Lofts Condominium Association
NE4: EPIC + RedFin
NE5: Jacobs + Concentrics Restaurants/2 Urban Licks
NE6: Keller Williams Realty – Heart of Atlanta Group
NE7: The Sockmonkey Clean-up Crew
NE8: Heirloom Design Build + The Real Estate Company
NE9: Pebble Tossers + Ken Price Real Estate
NE10: Manchel, Wiggins & Kaye, LLP + University of Georgia Alumni Association – Metro Atlanta
NE11: Atlanta Gas Light + Accenture
NE12: Bryan Cave, LLP + Dreamscape Designs
NE13: Stilwell + BDR Partners
NE14: AMEC E&I, Inc. + Neal Rhoney CFP, Ameriprise Financial
N 10: Collier Hills North
N 11: Friends of Tanyard Creek Park
N 12: JLL (Jones Lang LaSalle)
N 12: Cushman-Wakefield
SE = Southeast Segment
SE15: Trees Atlanta
SE16: Resources for Residents and Communities + Reynoldstown Civic Improvement League
W = Westside Segment – ALL SEGMENTS CLOSED FOR CONSTRUCTION
W10: Sigma Alpha Epsilon + Atlanta Falcons Foundation/American Explorers
W11: Center for Sustainable Communities + L.E.A.D., Inc. (Launch, Expose, Advise, Direct)
SW = Southwest Segment – ALL SEGMENTS CLOSED FOR CONSTRUCTION
SW2: Westview Community Organization + Emory Lister Society
SW3: Love Atlanta Foundation + USDA Forest Service
SW4: West End Neighborhood Association
SW5: Psi Upsilon – Gamma Tau (Georgia Tech) + [open]
SW7: Calhoun Metalworks, Inc. / F.M. Shelton, Inc. + [open]
SW9: Adair Park Today + [open]
Trail Maps Request
To request additional trail maps to add to the flyer boxes located on your segment please send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org