Below you will find recent updates and photos of each of our Atlanta BeltLine projects in construction or design along with links to get more general information about each project. Additionally, you can explore current design and construction projects via map and list view here. These projects play a pivotal role in furthering the Atlanta BeltLine vision to be the catalyst for making Atlanta a global beacon for equitable, inclusive, and sustainable city life.
All upcoming and past public meetings (still being held virtually) can be found at www.beltline.org/meetings. The first Quarterly Briefing of the year will be held virtually on Thursday, February 10 from 6 – 8 p.m. Meeting details are here. Click here to catch up on November’s design and construction updates.
- Northeast Trail – Segment 1: Design of this segment, between Monroe Drive and Westminster Drive will be at 30% by early February with an anticipated completion of design documents early 2023.
- Northeast Trail – Segment 2: Construction bids are due in February for Phase II work on this segment, which will extend the paved trail north to Mayson Street and south to Westminster Drive, bringing it to a total segment length of 1.2 miles. The work will also include lighting, landscaping and security cameras for the full 1.2 mile length of the trail segment. Construction is expected to start by the second quarter of this year.
- Northeast Trail – Segment 3: Due to the complexity of the corridor in this section, it has been divided up into mainline trail (NET3 on the map above) and corresponding connecting trails (NET C1, C2, C3, and C4). These trail segments will be at 30% design by early February.
- Details on each Northeast Trail segment can be found in our design and construction updates section: Segment 1, Segment 2, Segments 3-6.
- Reynoldstown Community Space: ABI’s Arts and Culture department is holding two upcoming public meetings on this greenspace on the Eastside Trail just north of Memorial Drive. Everyone is invited to give feedback during the virtual meeting on February 3 and / or the in-person workshop on February 5.
- Ponce Streetscapes: An Invitation to Bid (ITB) will be posted in the next few weeks for a construction firm to execute the streetscape improvements.
- Capital Improvements: Crews substantially completed work last week on the 2-foot wide soft shoulder to both sides of the Eastside Trail between Monroe Drive and Irwin Street.
- Southside Trail – Segment 1: The installation of lights and cameras is in process on the access trails leading into the Southside Trail. A connecting sidewalk will be added at Manford Road, for which design and permitting work is underway.
- Southside Trail – Segments 4 – 5: An Invitation to Bid (ITB) was posted this month to hire a firm to conduct brownfield remediation work. Kimley Horn, the design consultant, anticipates finalizing construction documents for Segments 4 and 5 in the next 30-60 days. An ITB for construction will follow once the following is complete: permitting and advanced construction work, which includes brownfield remediation and two fiber relocation projects. The Segment 4 and 5 project scope includes the rebuilding of the bridge of United Avenue.
- Southside Trail – Segments 2 – 3: The construction of Segments 2 and 3, which is tied to federal dollars and the federal construction process, is targeting a construction bid date of June 2023.
- Details on each Southside Trail segment can be found in our design and construction updates section: Segments 2, 3, 4, and 5.
- Boulevard Crossing Park: Design documents are expected to be at 80% completion this month with 100% completion anticipated before the end of the year.
- Westside Trail – Segment 3: Construction on this 1.2-mile segment is substantially complete, except for the bridge work over the railroad corridor at Marietta Boulevard. ABI and PATH Foundation continue to work with CSX and Norfolk Southern to finalize permitting for this work. The City of Atlanta also has ongoing work on Marietta Boulevard. Once railroad permits are in hand, and the City work is complete, the bridge work will be scheduled. We will continue to keep the community informed as we know more on timing for construction of this last piece of the trail.
- Westside Trail – Segment 4: Design is at 60% for this segment of the Westside Trail that will connect from Washington Park to the southern end of Segment 3.
- A public meeting was held virtually on December that covered updates on both segments 3 and 4. View the video and download the presentation.
- Details on each Westside Trail segment can be found in our design and construction updates section: Segment 3 and Segment 4.
The alignment study continues for the Northwest Trail. Community members are encouraged to provide feedback on the interactive map located at beltline.org/nwtrailstudy. The deadline for feedback has been extended to January 31st as an additional corridor option – Corridor 7 – has been added to provide another option of study in case design and real estate right of way challenges on Corridor 5 and Corridor 6 cannot be resolved. ABI and PATH Foundation hope to finalize the preferred alignment priority order and schedule a community meeting to share findings by April 2022.