The Westside BeltLine Connector is a PATH Trail that will connect downtown Atlanta to the Atlanta BeltLine’s Westside Trail Segment 3 and Segment 4. This 2.9-mile trail will be completed in three segments as a joint venture between the PATH Foundation and Atlanta BeltLine, Inc. (ABI). The BeltLine used $5.1M in TSPLOST funding to acquire the corridor in 2019. PATH and ABI are sharing the cost of construction which represents a $9.2M investment. The Westside BeltLine Connector opened in March 2021.
The City of Atlanta’s Brownfield Program sponsored Phase II Environmental Site Assessment in support of the Westside BeltLine Connector for a total cost of approximately $100,000.
- Westside BeltLine Connector – Segments 1 and 2:
- Segment 1 runs 0.27 miles from Northside Drive to Waypoint Apartments.
- Segment 2 runs 1.4 miles from Waypoint Apartments to Law Street.
- Westside Segment 3:
- Segment 3 is mainline BeltLine trail and will run 1.22 miles from Law Street to Huff Road and include the use of right-of-way along Marietta Boulevard and the existing bridge over Tilford Yard.
- Segment 1 and Segment 2: Construction is complete. Trail is open.
- Segment 3: Construction is now underway by the PATH Foundation and is anticipated to be complete by early 2022.