Below you will find recent updates and photos of each of our Atlanta BeltLine projects in construction or design along with links to get more general information about each project. Additionally, you can explore current design and construction projects via map and list view here. These projects play a pivotal role in furthering the Atlanta BeltLine vision to be the catalyst for making Atlanta a global beacon for equitable, inclusive, and sustainable city life.
- Northeast Trail – Segment 1: A 60% design package has been received for this segment, which runs from the northern end of the Eastside Trail to Westminster Drive. A portion of the trail runs through Piedmont Park. ABI has reviewed the design with Piedmont Park Conservancy and City of Atlanta Parks Department, and this collaboration will continue at all stages of design. Construction is expected to bid and start in 2023.
- Northeast Trail – Segment 2: Work is underway on the retaining walls under the Piedmont Avenue overpass. Concurrently, work continues on clearing, grading, retention ponds, and the construction of a utility duct bank. Replacement and repair work is underway for some of the wooden piles on the existing wood bridge over Clear Creek bridge. Work on the installation of light poles continues along the paved portion of the trail. We thank you for your patience as work crosses into the open portion of the trail at times.
- Northeast Trail – Segment 3: A 60% design package is under review by the ABI team. ABI is coordinating engineering reviews required for a bridge crossing over the CSX railroad. Investigative work to identify the location of a sewer main line will be in progress soon, as well as geotechnical boring work for future bridge structures.
- Details on each Northeast Trail segment can be found in our design and construction updates section: Segment 1, Segment 2, Segments 3.
- Ponce de Leon Avenue Streetscapes: JHC Construction is moving along on work on the northern side of Ponce from the east end of the project site at Freedom Parkway. This project is expected to take at least 18 months to complete. Monthly updates on our website will be posted at www.beltline.org/ponce.
- Southside Trail – Segments 2 – 3: The construction of Segments 2 and 3 is on track to be bid for construction in September 2023. This segment is tied to federal dollars and the federal construction process.
- McDonough Tunnel: ABI has hired an engineering consultant to design potential solutions where the interim trail is flooding in the McDonough tunnel. Design engineering is complete, and pricing is in progress with a contractor. ABI will proceed with recommendations which includes the installation of drainage piping and additional gravel, while balancing cost, since this section of trail will be under construction very soon.
- Southside Trail – Segments 4 – 5: ABI is currently on target to have the bid awarded and under contract by early 2023. The fiber relocation contractor has completed the bore across United Avenue and the bore under Ormewood Avenue will be in progress this week. The installation of manholes and pulling communications fiber into the new conduit will be the next step in the fiber relocation project. The trail construction start will be scheduled after all fiber relocation work is complete.The Segment 4 and 5 project scope includes the rebuilding of the bridge over United Avenue. ABI is coordinating with Georgia Power to bury the power lines on United Avenue underneath the new bridge crossing. This work is necessary to facilitate the use of cranes and construction equipment. The Georgia Power line burial work will require a lane closure. When a schedule is available, it will be provided. There is a tentative start date of six weeks.
- Details on each Southside Trail segment can be found in our design and construction updates section: Segments 2, 3, 4, and 5.
- Westside Trail – Segment 3: A ribbon-cutting ceremony was held October 18 to celebrate the completion of this 1.2-mile segment of mainline trail with Mayor Dickens, PATH Foundation, and honored guests.
- Westside Trail – Segment 4: An Invitation to Bid (ITB) for a construction firm was posted October 20. This 1.3-mile segment will connect from the existing Westside Trail at Washington Park up to Segment 3 just north of Hollowell Parkway. It is expected to go into construction in early 2023.
- Details on each Westside Trail segment can be found in our design and construction updates section: Segment 3 and Segment 4.
- Northwest Trail – Segment 1: Survey work is complete. Early trail design development is in progress on this segment and the team is currently working to complete 30% drawings.
- Northwest Trail – Segment 2: This segment will move into design and engineering in October, once contracts are finalized.
- Northwest Trail – Segment 3: Survey work continues on this segment, between the Hemphill Waterworks and Tanyard Creek Park.
- Northwest Trail – Segment 4: This segment will move into design and engineering in October, once contracts are finalized.
- Northwest Trail – Segment 5: Survey work on this segment is complete. The 30% drawings are under review by ABI. A virtual community meeting will take place on November 3 with updates on design progress. Meeting details for this Northside Study Group can be found here.
- Information can be found here regarding CSX’s work to replace the wooden railroad trestle that runs between Tanyard Creek Park and Ardmore Park and over the Atlanta BeltLine Northside Trail. On November 16, 17, and 18, the contractor will be working from 1 to 11 a.m. to take down the current existing bridge. They appreciate neighbors’ patience as they work outside the traditional hours. Please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions. The work is expected to last through 2022.