Below you will find recent updates and photos of each of our Atlanta BeltLine projects in construction or design along with links to get more general information about each project. Additionally, you can explore current design and construction projects via map and list view here. These projects play a pivotal role in furthering the Atlanta BeltLine vision to be the catalyst for making Atlanta a global beacon for equitable, inclusive, and sustainable city life.
All upcoming and past public meetings (still being held virtually) can be found at www.beltline.org/meetings. Click here to catch up on July’s design and construction updates. The third Quarterly Briefing will take place virtually on September 22.
- Northeast Trail – Segment 1: A 60% design package has been received for this segment, which runs from the northern end of the Eastside Trail to Westminster Drive.
- Northeast Trail – Segment 2: Grading has been underway along with preparations for a storm water retention pond. Installation of the fiber duct bank will start this month as well as the start of retaining walls under the Piedmont Avenue overpass. Work on the installation of light poles continues along the paved portion of the trail. We thank you for your patience as work crosses into the open portion of the trail at times.
- Northeast Trail – Segment 3: A 60% design package is under review by the ABI team.
- Details on each Northeast Trail segment can be found in our design and construction updates section: Segment 1, Segment 2, Segments 3.
- Atlanta Streetcar East extension: ABI and MARTA are holding joint public meetings in September regarding transit between the existing streetcar Downtown and Ponce de Leon Avenue. An in-person meeting will be held on Monday, Sept. 12 at 6 p.m. at Dad’s Garage, located at 569 Ezzard Street, Atlanta, 30312. Please note this venue requires masks. A virtual meeting will be held on Tuesday, Sept. 13 at 6 p.m. Visit StreetcarEast.com to register.
- Ponce de Leon Avenue Streetscapes: The contractor, JHC Construction, is mobilizing and is expected to start in earnest in early September. Monthly updates on our website will be posted at www.beltline.org/ponce. A virtual community meeting will be held on September 8 from 6:30 – 8 p.m – register here. You may also join by phone by calling 1-929-205-6099
and entering webinar ID: 891 2464 4759.
- Southside Trail – Segments 2 – 3: The construction of Segments 2 and 3 is still on track to be bid for construction in September 2023. This segment is tied to federal dollars and the federal construction process.
- McDonough tunnel: ABI has hired an engineering consultant to design potential solutions where the interim trail is flooding in the McDonough tunnel. ABI will proceed with recommendations which is expected to include the installation of drainage piping and additional gravel, while balancing cost since this section of trail will be under construction very soon.
- Southside Trail – Segments 4 – 5: An Invitation to Bid was posted to hire a construction firm for Segments 4 and 5 on August 26. Fiber relocation work continues and, due to challenges at the United Avenue and Ormewood Avenue road crossings, may have an extended completion. The construction start will be scheduled after all fiber relocation work is complete. The Segment 4 and 5 project scope includes the rebuilding of the bridge of United Avenue.
- Details on each Southside Trail segment can be found in our design and construction updates section: Segments 2, 3, 4, and 5.
- Westside Trail – Segment 3: The trail along the Marietta Boulevard bridge over the railroad yard is nearing completion. Concrete pours at the bridge are now complete as well as the installation of protective fencing at the bridge edge. This 1.2-mile segment of mainline trail is still on track to be finished in late September or early October.
- Westside Trail – Segment 4: This project is ready to go out to bid for construction, pending the completion of real estate right-of-way work.
- Details on each Westside Trail segment can be found in our design and construction updates section: Segment 3 and Segment 4.
- Northwest Trail – Segment 1: Survey work and early trail design development is in progress on this segment.
- Northwest Trail – Segment 2: A community meeting was held on August 30 announcing the selected, prioritized alignment for this segment. Segment 2 had three potential alignments under exploration to connect between Peachtree Park Apartments and the Northside Trail beside Bobby Jones Golf Course. The recommended priority order of study alignments (listed from highest to lowest) is Corridor 6, Corridor 5, and Corridor 7. Corridor 6, the highest priority corridor, follows along Peachtree Park Drive and alongside Bennett Street. For a full analysis, please download the Northwest Trail Feasibility Study Addendum. Watch a recording of the meeting here and download the presentation. Segment 2 will now move into design and engineering in October.
- Northwest Trail – Segment 3: Survey work continues on this segment, between the Hemphill Waterworks and Tanyard Creek Park.
- Northwest Trail – Segment 4: This segment will move into design and engineering in October.
- Northwest Trail – Segment 5: Survey work and early trail design development is in progress on this segment.
- Details can be found in our design and construction updates: Northwest Trail study.
- Information can be found here regarding CSX’s work to replace the wooden railroad trestle that runs between Tanyard Creek Park and Ardmore Park and over the Atlanta BeltLine Northside Trail. The work is expected to last through 2022. Please reach out to email@example.com with any questions.