Below you will find recent updates and photos of each of our Atlanta BeltLine projects in construction or design along with links to get more general information about each project. Additionally, you can explore current design and construction projects via map and list view here. These projects play a pivotal role in furthering the Atlanta Beltline vision to be the catalyst for making Atlanta a global beacon for equitable, inclusive, and sustainable city life.
All upcoming and past public meetings (still being held virtually) can be found at www.beltline.org/meetings. Click here to catch up on September’s design and construction updates.
- Northeast Trail –Segment 2: The design is complete for Phase II of this segment, which will extend the paved trail north to Mayson Street and south to Westminster Drive, bringing it to a total segment length of 1.2 miles. The work will include lighting, landscaping and security cameras. Phase II is expected to bid for construction before the end of 2021.
- Northeast Trail – Segments 1, 3, and 4 Connector Trails:
- New gravel has been installed on the existing unpaved trail, starting at the wooden bridge over Clear Creek behind Ansley Mall down to Monroe Drive. This project is made possible thanks to a generous contribution from the Speedwell Foundation.
- Details on each Northeast Trail segment can be found in our design and construction updates section: Segment 1, Segment 2, Segments 3-6.
- Capital Improvements: Work continues on the installation of a 2-foot wide soft shoulder to both sides of the Eastside Trail between Monroe Drive and Irwin Street. This project should be completed in the next few months. We appreciate your patience as crews work alongside the trail.
- Southside Trail – Segment 1: A ribbon cutting ceremony took place on October 12 to commemorate the opening of first segment of the Southside Trail. Thank you to everyone who came out to celebrate and to all who joined us via our livestream!
- Southside Trail – Segments 2 – 5: Construction is expected to commence in the next one to two years.
- Details on each Southside Trail segment can be found in our design and construction updates section: Segment 1 (West Segment) and Segments 2, 3, 4, and 5.
- Westside Trail – Segment 3: In conjunction with ABI, the PATH Foundation is pushing ahead on construction of this 1.2 mile-long segment between Law Street and Huff Road along Marietta Boulevard. ABI and PATH Foundation are sharing costs on this project.
- Details on each Westside Trail segment can be found in our design and construction updates section: Segment 3 and Segment 4.