Below you will find recent updates and photos of each of our Atlanta BeltLine projects in construction or design along with links to get more general information about each project. Additionally, you can explore current design and construction projects via map and list view here. These projects play a pivotal role in furthering the Atlanta Beltline vision to be the catalyst for making Atlanta a global beacon for equitable, inclusive, and sustainable city life.
All upcoming and past public meetings (still being held virtually) can be found at www.beltline.org/meetings. Our second Quarterly Briefing will take place on June 10, 2021 via Zoom and Facebook with a phone call-in option. Click here to catch up on April’s design and construction updates.
- Northeast Trail, Segment 1: ABI plans to install gravel on the unpaved Northeast Trail. Please join us for a Northeast Study Group meeting on June 3 from 6:30 – 8 p.m. for more information. Details are on www.beltline.org/meetings and a direct link to register for the meeting is here.
- Northeast Trail – Segment 2, Phase I: This segment of the paved, multi-use trail opened to the public in April in an advanced interim state.
- Northeast Trail – Segment 2, Phase II: The complete drawings are expected to be ready to bid for construction by early fall to extend Phase I for the full 1.2 miles between Westminster Drive and Mayson Street and to build out the remaining elements of Phase I (lighting, security cameras, and landscaping). This work will proceed to construction once SSD funding is finalized.
- Northeast Trail – Segments 3-6: Conversations continue with Norfolk Southern Railway on potential alignments for trail and transit around I-85 and Armor-Ottley on Segment 3 of the trail. Two options for crossing the railroad corridor have been submitted to Norfolk Southern for review, and one of the options appears to be workable from the perspective of the railroad. Design work continues to progress for segments 4, 5, and 6. A community meeting will be scheduled this summer to update on progress on the trail design.
- Details on each Northeast Trail segment can be found in our design and construction updates section: Segment 1, Segment 2, Segments 3-6.
- Ponce de Leon Avenue streetscapes: ABI has received a Notice to Proceed from the Georgia Department of Transportation to construct the Ponce de Leon Avenue streetscapes project. The streetscapes will improve pedestrian and cycling conditions between Boulevard and Freedom Parkway and build ramp and stairway access between the street and the Eastside Trail.
- Capital improvements: ABI will be adding a soft shoulder to the sides of the Eastside Trail. Work will also take place at Drewry Street to mitigate flooding issues.
- For more information on these projects, please join us for a Northeast Study Group meeting on June 3 from 6:30 – 8 p.m. Details are on www.beltline.org/meetings and a direct link to register for the meeting is here.
- Southside Trail – Segment 1: As concrete pouring and construction continues on Southside Trail – Segment 1 (also known as Southside Trail – West), we have compiled updates in the following video. It is expected to be complete and open to the public later this summer. Initial landscaping will be installed prior to the opening of the trail and the balance, including larger trees, will be installed as the weather cools.
- Southside Trail – Segments 2 and 3: ABI received $4 million in grant funding from the Atlanta Regional Commission for the Southside Trail. The drawings are at 90% complete and work is in progress to align and confirm budgets and bring the drawings to 100% complete. The cost to construct these segments will be covered by SSD funding. Federal grants will also be used for Segments 2 and 3. The City and ABI are applying for a FY21 USDOT RAISE grant to support construction of almost 2 miles of the Southside Trail.
- Southside Trail – Segment 6 (Bill Kennedy Way): Construction work along Bill Kennedy Way is now substantially complete. This work has significantly improved the trail connection between the Eastside Trail and the unpaved Southside Trail. Notably, this work includes the reconfiguration of the bridge over I-20. New pedestrian and vehicular patterns are in full operation. ABI will be meeting with City of Atlanta to review and then implement final revisions to traffic and trail signage.
- Details on each Southside Trail segment can be found in our design and construction updates section: Segment 1 (West Segment) and Segments 2, 3, 4, and 5.
- Westside Trail – Segment 3: Construction is underway by the PATH Foundation in conjunction with ABI on this 1.2 mile-long segment between Law Street and Huff Road along Marietta Boulevard. Milling of the road to remove the asphalt and setting of new curbs are the first steps for this trail construction. Storm water reconfiguration and repairs, and utility relocations are also underway. The multi-use trail is anticipated to be complete by early 2022.
- Details on each Westside Trail segment can be found in our design and construction updates section: Segment 3 and Segment 4.
- ABI and PATH Foundation held a public meeting on May 26, 2021, to discuss and receive feedback on the alignment study of the Northwest Trail. You can download the presentation here and view a recording of the meeting here.