Looking for a fun outdoor activity to do solo, with friends, or even family this holiday season? Look no further! The Atlanta BeltLine will be hosting a scavenger hunt competition now through January 1, 2022.
How To Submit:
Users will choose 10 items from the list below to take a photo or show proof of completion. To enter, users will then post their 10 items as a carousel on Instagram with the hashtag #WhereAltlantaComesTogether. Participants must use the hashtag and adhere to ALL of the rules in order to be considered for the prizes mentioned below. Participants have until January 1, 2022 at 11:59 P.M. EST to post.
Scavenger Hunt Items:
- Selfie with a dog that isn’t yours
- Someone wearing BeltLine blue
- Pick up one piece of trash
- Support a BeltLine Business
- Visit your local park
- Visit a section of the BeltLine you haven’t been before
- Attend a community meeting
- Take a picture in your BeltLine merch
- Visit an unpaved trail
- Shop at Aluma farms
- Pose with your favorite mural
- Wheels on the BeltLine (roller skates, bike, stroller, etc)
- Register to volunteer
- Sign up for the email list
- Take a picture of your favorite plant/tree
- Attend a weekly run club
- Take a self-guided bike tour: Sign up
- Participate in a free fitness class
- Bring a friend to the BeltLine
- Snap a shot of a BeltLine sculpture made of brick.
Bonus Entries: An extra 5 entries for doing all 20 items on the Scavenger Hunt
- ONE (1) Grand Prize Winner will receive:
○ $75 gift card at Varuni Napoli
○ Sea Lion Encounter and admission for 2 at Georgia Aquarium
○ $25 gift card at Hampton & Hudson
○ $50 gift card at Bar Mercado
- FIVE (5) Runner Up Winners will receive:
○ one Atlanta BeltLine Tote bag
Scavenger Hunt Rules:
- Participants must adhere to all posted Atlanta Beltline community guidelines.
- Some scavenger hunt tasks deal with strangers. Please be kind and respectful with strangers and always be safe and exercise caution when interacting with people you don’t know.
- NO harassing other citizens, physically or verbally for any reason. It is their right to choose to help you or not, and participants must respect that.
- Participants must be courteous and respectful to anyone involved in the scavenger hunt.
- Participants may not break any laws and must follow trail etiquette. The scavenger hunt is meant to be fun but that must be done legally. If you break any laws while completing the scavenger hunt, you will be disqualified immediately. This includes, but is not limited to, shoplifting, assault, trespassing, bribery, etc.
- Participants must upload photos/proof of them completing each of their chosen tasks in order to be considered.
- Participants may not litter. Always clean up after yourselves.
- Judges’ determinations after the scavenger hunt are final.