Registration is now open for the Atlanta BeltLine Northside 5k to be held Saturday, April 4 on the Atlanta BeltLine’s Northside and Northside Connector Trails. This is the first race of the year for the Atlanta BeltLine Partnership’s popular Run.Walk.Go! race series.
- What: Atlanta BeltLine Northside 5k
- When: Saturday, April 4, 2019 – Registration opens at 7:00 am; race starts at 8:00 am
- Where: Race starts and ends at Monroe Apartment Homes, 222 Colonial Homes Drive, Atlanta, GA 30309
- Register at: BeltLine.org/Northside5k
- There’s also an option to register for all three 2020 Run.Walk.Go! races at a discounted price. Learn more and sign up here.
- All proceeds benefit the Atlanta BeltLine Partnership.
The Northside 5k is part of the Partnership’s popular Run.Walk.Go! Race Series which is celebrating its 10th year of bringing family-friendly run runs to different sections of the Atlanta BeltLine. Runners, walkers, pets, families with kids and strollers — everyone is welcome! The 2020 race series also includes the Westside 5k/8k/13k on July 11 and the Eastside 10k on December 5. Learn more about our 2020 races at BeltLine.org/Races.
Last year’s Northside 5k saw 800+ participants enjoy a beautiful spring morning run on one of the most beautiful segments of the BeltLine. Like last year, this year’s race starts and ends at the green by The Monroe Apartment Homes, and passes by Bobby Jones Golf Course, Bitsy Grant Tennis Center and beautiful Tanyard Creek Park along the way. A map of the course route can be viewed here.
“We can think of no better place to begin this year’s celebration of the 10th anniversary of our Run.Walk.Go! race series than the Northside Trail,” said Rob Brawner, Executive Director of the Atlanta BeltLine Partnership. “Our 2019 Northside 5k was very successful and we look forward to an even better event this year. Thanks to all of our sponsors for their generous support of this year’s event.”
Additional Event Details
- Medals will be awarded to the top three overall male and female finishers. The top three overall male and female Masters finishers (40+), Grand Masters finishers (50+), Senior Masters (60+) finishers and top three finishers in each age category will also receive medals.
- Participants can help raise funds for the Partnership by starting or joining a fundraising team. See the Fundraising section of the registration page for easy-to-follow instructions on how you can help support the project and the Partnership’s mission.
- Avoid the long registration lines on race morning by choosing the option to have your bib mailed to you. You can also pick up your bib at the Atlanta BeltLine Center on Saturday, March 28, 1:00-6:00 pm. The Center is located at 112 Krog St., Suite 14, Atlanta, GA 30307 and can be accessed directly off the Eastside Trail just south of Irwin St.
- We encourage everyone to walk, bike, rideshare, or take public transportation to the Northside 5k. If you are driving to the event, there is limited free parking on the sides streets around Monroe Apartment Homes. A map showing the course route and places where on-street parking may be available can be found here.
- Everyone is invited to join in a family-oriented community celebration on The Monroe Apartments green following the race.
If your organization is interested in sponsoring a Run.Walk.Go! event, please contact Natalie Aiken at email@example.com.