Another year has been recorded in the Atlanta BeltLine’s history books, and the 2018 Atlanta BeltLine, Inc. (ABI) Annual Report provides a snapshot of that year. Each year, our goals and accomplishments dictate the theme of how we present you, our stakeholders, with our annual report. In 2018, ABI focused on strengthening the foundations of the project by refocusing on our core values. This back-to-basics approach allowed us to move forward in our mission while staying grounded in the grassroots, public-centered structure from which we have grown.
Some major highlights that you will see in the 2018 report include:
- A greeting from our new President and CEO, Clyde Higgs. Clyde was appointed by the Board of Directors following his tenure as Chief Operating Officer and then Interim CEO.
- A summary of ABI’s approach to equity, including the creation of the Chief Equity and Inclusion Officer position.
- A recap of the community survey that was released to gather data on public sentiment and desires for the Atlanta BeltLine.
- A glimpse of our progress toward job creation, housing development, and reinvestment in under-served neighborhoods.
- A brief report on the October More MARTA Board vote, which provided full funding for the eastside, southwest, and crosstown transit corridors, with partial funding for westside and/or southside.
- Significant land acquisitions such as the Southside Trail corridor and the Kudzu Line.
- Progress updates on the Eastside Trail’s southern extension and the Northeast Trail‘s design.
- Design updates on Enota Park and Boulevard Crossing Park.
- A review of the 2018 Art on the Atlanta BeltLine exhibition, including new partnerships and collaborations.
- A look at ABI’s Fiscal Year 2018 financial statements and audit report.
This report and reports from previous years are available at beltline.org/annual-reports. Thank you for your continued support of the Atlanta BeltLine!