Atlanta BeltLine Partnership has announced that registration is now open for the Atlanta BeltLine Northside 5k to be held Saturday, April 6 on the Atlanta BeltLine’s Northside and Northside Connector Trails.
- What: Atlanta BeltLine Northside 5k
- When: Saturday, April 6, 2019 – Registration opens at 7:00 am; race starts at 8:00 am
- Where: Race starts and ends at Monroe Apartment Homes, 222 Colonial Homes Dr. NW, Atlanta, GA 30309
- Register at: bit.ly/northside5k
- Register for the race by March 6 to take advantage of our early bird price of $30 ($35 thereafter).
- Due to course constraints, the number of participants will be capped at 600 so act now to reserve a spot.
- There’s also an option to register for all three 2019 Run.Walk.Go! races for a discounted price of $90.
- All proceeds benefit the Atlanta BeltLine Partnership.
The Northside 5k is part of the Partnership’s popular Run.Walk.Go! Race Series which provides participants of all fitness levels fun opportunities to run on different segments of the Atlanta BeltLine. Runners, walkers, pets, families with kids and strollers — everyone is welcome! The 2019 series also includes the Westside 5k/8k on July 13 and the Eastside 10k on December 7.
This year marks the first time the Partnership has held a race on the Northside since 2015. This year’s race, presented by Delta Air Lines, starts and ends at the green by the Monroe Apartment Homes, and runs along the beautiful Northside and Northside Connector Trails. Hundreds of participants will run and walk along the trails, passing Bobby Jones Golf Course, Bitsy Grant Tennis Center and beautiful Tanyard Creek Park along the way. You can view a map of the course route here.
“We are excited to be bringing Run.Walk.Go! back to the Northside for the first time in four years,” said Rob Brawner, Executive Director of the Atlanta BeltLine Partnership. “Our running events are a great way for people of all ages and fitness levels to connect with the Atlanta BeltLine while staying fit and active. We thank Delta Air Lines and all of this year’s event sponsors for their generous support.”
- Medals will be awarded to the top three overall male and female finishers. The top three overall male and female Masters finishers (40+), Grand Masters finishers (50+), Senior Masters (60+) finishers and top three finishers in each age category will also receive medals.
- Participants can also help raise additional funds for the Partnership by starting or joining a fundraising team. See the Fundraising section of the registration page for easy-to-follow instructions on how you can help support the project and the Partnership’s mission.
- Avoid the registration lines on race morning by choosing the option to have your bib mailed to you. You can also pick up your bib at the Atlanta BeltLine Center on Friday, April 5, 11:00 am – 7:00 pm. The Center is located at 112 Krog St., Suite 14, Atlanta, GA 30307 and can be accessed directly off the Eastside Trail just south of Irwin St.
- We encourage everyone to walk, bike, rideshare, or take public transportation to the Northside 5k. If you are driving to the event, there is limited free parking on the sides streets around Monroe Apartment Homes. A map showing the course route and places where on street parking may be available can be found here.
The Partnership appreciates the support of this year’s Northside 5k sponsors: Delta Air Lines (Presenting); Northside Hospital Healthcare System, Resurgens Orthopaedics, and Tito’s Handmade Vodka (Silver Level); and Monroe Apartment Homes (In-kind).
If your organization is interested in sponsoring a Run.Walk.Go! event, please contact Salisha Evans at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Media Contact: Jess Hunt-Ralston, Director of Marketing & Communications, Atlanta BeltLine Partnership; email@example.com; 404-446-4414