Kick off Super Bowl Week in the West End with Food, Music, Art, and Local Businesses Across Three Venues
ATLANTA – Community and business leaders are coming together to showcase southwest Atlanta. Its unique neighborhoods, rich culture, and robust businesses will be highlighted in a full evening of activities leading up to Super Bowl LIII. Westside Warmup events will take place in three locations near the Atlanta BeltLine Westside Trail: West End MARTA StationSoccer fields, Lee+White, and 640 West Cafe. Supported by Atlanta BeltLine, Inc. (ABI), the City of Atlanta Planning Department, and Invest Atlanta, Westside Warmup is happening on Friday, January 25, 2019, from 4 – 10 p.m.
Catch a soccer match – or participate – with StationSoccer. Join South Atlanta High School’s drumline from the West End MARTA station, along the Atlanta BeltLine Westside Trail, to Lee+White. Grab a craft brew at Monday Night Garage. Join the action with a football skills zone with a live radio broadcast with WCLK FM 91.9. Enjoy live music, art, performances, and a vendor market in the heart of the West End.
Below is the calendar of events. For the most up-to-date listings, please visit www.beltline.org/westsidewarmup. All Super Bowl visitors, neighbors, and Atlanta residents are encouraged to attend and kick off the week preceding the big game in the West End!
StationSoccer, West End MARTA Station, 4 – 8 p.m.
- Located at the end of the south parking lot at the corner of Lee Street and Beecher Street (entry into the station is not required).
- Soccer matches will take place starting with priority for younger kids from 4 – 6 p.m. and adults later in the event, courtesy of Station Soccer and Soccer in the Streets. All are welcome to play!
- Hot dogs and other local food and drink will be available for purchase.
Lee+White, 4 – 7 p.m.
- 1020 White Street, Atlanta, 30310.
- Happy hour at Monday Night Garage.
- Jazz musical performances by Atlanta Music Project.
- Football skills zone with competition and awards for student athletes with performance by South Atlanta High School band.
- Chick-Fil-A food and giveaways with the cow mascot.
- Food and drink tastings with Cultured South’s kombucha, Community Grounds, and additional food vendors.
- Live radio broadcast with WCLK FM 91.9.
640 West Cafe, 6 – 10 p.m.
- 640 Evans Street, Atlanta, 30310.
- Live music and artist performances.
- Vendor market with over 40 participants featuring local food, artists, businesses, and makers.
The use of alternative transportation is encouraged. All three venues are conveniently located within walking distance of the West End MARTA station. Free pedicabs will be circulating to carry attendees between all venues. Rideshare options are also available. Limited parking is available at Lee+White.
Born as a community idea to empower local businesses and support community organizations, the Westside Warmup includes an expansive variety of activities for all ages.
“With an estimated $2 billion in overall impact anticipated in the next few weeks, ABI wanted to help facilitate an event in historic southwest Atlanta for community businesses to take advantage of the Super Bowl economy,” said Clyde Higgs, interim President and CEO of Atlanta BeltLine, Inc. “The retail, dining, business, and arts destinations are world-class. We look forward to showing them off to Atlanta and the world as we welcome the big game.”
“Westside Warmup is a great opportunity for people to celebrate the Super Bowl and the city’s historic West End,” said Commissioner Tim Keane, Department of City Planning.
“The Westside Warmup is a unique way for us to shine the spotlight on some of the small businesses and attractions that make Atlanta’s Southside special,” said Dr. Eloisa Klementich, President & CEO of Invest Atlanta. “With the support of City of Atlanta economic development programs, the area continues to grow, and we are glad residents and visitors alike will get this opportunity to experience the sights and heritage of the Southside leading up to the Super Bowl.”
View and share this event on Facebook. Download a printable flyer here. Event details can also be found on the Atlanta BeltLine’s website here: www.beltline.org/westsidewarmup.