Panel will review proposals and select work for fall exhibition
ATLANTA – The jury panel for the 2018 Art on the Atlanta BeltLine exhibition has been selected. Approximately 100 applications were received after a solicitation based on outside nominations and feedback from community listening sessions held in late 2017. The aim was to create diverse and equitable panels of the most qualified individuals.
The official jury list is below:
- T. Lang – Artistic Director of T. Lang Dance and Associate Professor/Founding chair of Spelman College Department of Dance Performance and Choreography
- Denise McClendon – Founder McClendon School of Dance AREA Atlanta/Artistic Director McClendon Academy
- Elizabeth Jarrett – Founder and Executive Director, Deer Bear Wolf
- Morgan Carlisle – Independent Choreographer and Co-Founder of LEFT OUT Movement
- TAYLOR ALXNDR – Head Organizer at Southern Fried Queer Pride
- Dr. John Edgar Browning – Visiting Lecturer, Georgia Institute of Technology
- Tyree Smith – Founder/Head Curator of ARTlanta Gallery
- Alan Avery – President, Alan Avery Art Company
- Brandon Jones – Head of Creative Placemaking at WonderRoot
- Steven L. Anderson – Artist and Co-Founder, Day & Night Projects
- Karen Comer Lowe – Manager and Curator, Chastain Arts Center
- Tracy Murrell – Curator, National Black Arts Festival
Jurors will convene to review submissions for exhibition, due March 16, 2018. Artists, Collectives, and Professionals are invited to submit proposals that are well-researched, well-planned, and feasible. In prior years, hundreds of local, national, and international artists have submitted work to Art on the Atlanta BeltLine. More information about the exhibition is available at art.beltline.org.