Get Atlanta BeltLine updates right in your inbox!
Get Atlanta BeltLine updates right in your inbox!

MAP

Click to Expand
Interactive Map
Events  //   Blog  //   News  //   FAQs  //   Contact

Download the App: Google PlayiTunes

The Atlanta BeltLine

Where Atlanta Comes Together. Learn more

Blog
Westside Trail Opening Update Meeting June 26
posted in Atlanta BeltLine News // 06/20/17

WHAT: Atlanta BeltLine, Inc. will hold a Westside + Southwest Study Group public meeting to answer questions about the Westside Trail, due to open late summer 2017. Topics will include trail hours, lighting, security, fencing and more. We will also discuss the installation of a shed at the Urban Farm on the Atlanta BeltLine in southwest Atlanta. Solar panels will be built with the shed thanks to a grant from the Georgia Solar Rebate Program.

WHO SHOULD ATTEND: The Southwest Study Group includes residents of the Westview, West End, Adair Park, Pittsburgh, Mechanicsville, Oakland City, Bush Mountain, Capitol View, Capitol View Manor and Sylvan Hills neighborhoods along the Atlanta BeltLine. The Westside Study Group includes residents of Mozley Park, Ashview Heights, Hunter Hills, Bankhead, Vine City, Washington Park, Knight Park/Howell Station, English Avenue, Rockdale, and Grove Park.

WHEN: The meeting will be held on June 26, 2017 from 6:30 to 8:00 p.m.

WHERE: West End Family Life and Community Center, 1191 Donnelley Avenue SW, Atlanta, GA, 30310. The meeting is accessible by MARTA Bus #68 or #81. Please consider biking or walking. Parking is available onsite.

ABOUT THE PROJECT: The Atlanta BeltLine’s Westside Trail is a 3-mile multi-use corridor that spans from University Avenue to Washington Park in southwest Atlanta. Construction on the trail began in November 2014 and will be complete in late summer 2017. The project includes the 14-foot wide multi-use trail, 14 points of entry with ramp and stair systems, a greenway, signage and lighting, and preservation for future transit.

COMMUNITY CONTACT: For more information, contact engage@atlbeltline.org or 404-477-3552.

Join the Discussion

1. Shirley Wagner says:

I enjoyed the Homeowners Empowerment Class on Sat 6/23. Please keep me in the loop for upcoming events.

Reply | June 26, 2017 at 2:45 pm
  2. Joseph Bastian says:

As a homeowner in the area, I’m so sorry to hear that I missed this event. Please let me know when the next meeting will take place. I’d love to attend. Thanks!

Reply | July 21, 2017 at 12:45 pm
    • Nicole Knox says:

Hello Joseph –

Sorry to hear that you missed the meeting. We’ll add your email to our distribution list so you will be notified of upcoming meetings!

Nicole

Reply | July 21, 2017 at 4:15 pm
      • Vronique Wilson says:

Please add my name and email to the distribution list for future Southwest Study group meetings as I live in the area as well.
        I am interested in all upcoming events related to the BeltLine in the Southwest area.

Thank you.

Reply | July 30, 2017 at 11:09 pm
        • Nicole Knox says:

Hello Vronique – we’ve added you to the list. Thanks!

Reply | August 1, 2017 at 4:34 pm
  3. Pamela Hawes says:

Please add my name and e-mail to your distribution list concerning upcoming events. Was unaware of homeowners empowerment meeting that took place in my community in June. Would like to attend any and all upcoming events in the future. Thanks…

Reply | July 24, 2017 at 10:09 am
    • Nicole Knox says:

Hi Pamela – will do! Thanks for reaching out.

Reply | July 25, 2017 at 10:15 am