Get Atlanta BeltLine updates right in your inbox!
Get Atlanta BeltLine updates right in your inbox!

MAP

Click to Expand
Interactive Map
Events  //   Blog  //   News  //   FAQs  //   Contact

Download the App: Google PlayiTunes

The Atlanta BeltLine

Where Atlanta Comes Together. Learn more

Blog
New Affordable Housing for Seniors Now Under Construction
posted in affordable housing // 01/13/17

Construction on a new affordable apartment complex for seniors is underway in the Capitol View neighborhood in southwest Atlanta. The project, led by The Prestwick Companies, will provide 160 homes just three-quarters of a mile from the Westside Trail and the future Murphy Crossing development. Its location across Murphy Avenue from the Oakland City MARTA station also puts mass transit within easy walking distance.

Homes will become available in late 2017. Residents will pay no more than 30 percent of their income in monthly rent, thanks to Project Based Rental Assistance from the Atlanta Housing Authority.

Invest Atlanta has supported the effort through a $14.5 million tax-exempt loan. The development’s location, at the corner of Murphy and Dill Avenues, falls within the Atlanta BeltLine Tax Allocation District and supports ABI’s goal of creating 5,600 units of affordable housing around the Atlanta BeltLine loop.

We will post contact info for rental inquiries here when it becomes available. We also list other affordable rental properties around the Atlanta BeltLine on the housing section of our website.

The 160-unit Gateway Capitol View apartments is located at the corner of Murphy Avenue and Dill Avenue in southwest Atlanta.

Gateway Capital View affordable housing for seniors 3

A MARTA train enters the Oakland City MARTA station adjacent to the Gateway Capitol View development.

Gateway Capital View affordable housing for seniors

Views of downtown Atlanta can be seen beyond the construction site.

Gateway Capital View affordable housing for seniors

Homes at Gateway Capitol View should be available for rent by the end of 2017.

Gateway Capital View affordable housing location map

The blue shape on the map above shows the location of the future Gateway Capitol View senior apartments. The green line is the Atlanta BeltLine and the yellow line is the future Crosstown Peachtree Line of the Atlanta Streetcar.

Join the Discussion

1. Capitol View resident says:

I hope the units will be built with triple paned glass. Day & night noise from the marta & csx trains is very loud

Reply | January 16, 2017 at 3:06 pm
  2. Pat Puckett says:

My assumption is that all of these properties will be accessible for ALL occupents – whether they walk well or use a cane, walker or wheelchair. Atlanta does have an ordinance requiring a zero step entry and wide interior doors BUT I don’t know if it is being enforced these days. When staff turnover with administration changes, we often have to start all over again on educating enforcement folks. The last conversation I had with city folks was a good one but it’s been a while. My fingers are crossed!

Reply | June 23, 2017 at 2:20 pm
  3. Takita Edwards says:

When will the waiting list be open

Reply | July 23, 2017 at 9:29 am
    • Jenny Pittam says:

This project, developed by Prestwick, is scheduled to finish completion in April 2018. Applications will be accepted beginning 90 days before construction is completed. Please call (404) 292-9400 to be added the waiting list.
      Thank you!

Reply | July 24, 2017 at 9:03 am
  4. S Clements says:

It is good to see developments for the senior population, they are the fastest growing and severely neglected population.

Are there other Prestwick developments under construction, if so, where?

Are Prestwick floor plans similar in all developments and offer same amenities? If not, what determines difference (i.e., location, demographics, etc)

Will these be income based or market priced?

Many thanks!

Reply | August 14, 2017 at 11:45 am
    • JR says:

Hello! This development is under construction in the Capitol View Manor neighborhood of Atlanta. Monthly rent will be income-based. We will have more information on the development as it becomes available.

-JR

Reply | August 16, 2017 at 3:29 pm
  5. martha says:

Greetings,
    Will you please provide an update on the senior housing? I pass by the building weekly, it looks close to completion. Will the units be a studio, one or two bedrooms? When will you begin calling the names on the list?

Reply | October 19, 2017 at 8:18 pm
    • Jenny Pittam says:

Hello,
      This development, Capital View Gateway, is being developed by Prestwick. It is scheduled to finish completion in April 2018. Prestwick provided a phone number for potential residents to put their names on a waiting list: 404-292-9400. Applications will be accepted beginning 90 days before construction is completed.
      Thank you!

Reply | October 20, 2017 at 9:43 am
  6. martha says:

Greetings,
    I pass by the building often. When will the building be complete? When will you begin to call names on the list? Will there be studios, one and two bedrooms?

Reply | October 19, 2017 at 8:19 pm
  7. Elaine Hammond says:

I am homeless and I been trying to get information on the projects that are available based on income. I am 66 years of age. Are there any phone numbers that I can call? What about where to go to place an application? I call this number 404 292 9400.No one returned my call. Can you help me. Thanks.

Reply | October 26, 2017 at 9:27 pm
    • JR says:

Hello Elaine: That is the correct number for this development. It may be that they are overwhelmed with interest. We will check on this for you.

Best,
      JR

Reply | November 8, 2017 at 4:36 pm
  8. Mary Andrews says:

I would like to apply for the apartments on1734 Murphy Ave , I am 80yrs young, my son and daughter lives in that area I want to move closer to family, thank you.

Reply | October 29, 2017 at 1:27 pm
    • JR says:

Hello Mary,

Here is the number for the developer, Prestwick: (404) 292-9400 – Potential applicants should leave their name and number and ask to be placed on the waiting list for Gateway Capitol View.

Good luck!
      JR

Reply | November 8, 2017 at 4:34 pm
  9. Brenda Byrd says:

They look like they r going to b really nice I hope I will have the luxury of living there. I have been looking for a senior living home for over three years. And I pray that I am one of the tenants.

Reply | November 8, 2017 at 12:01 pm
    • JR says:

Hi Brenda,

Good luck!
      JR

Reply | November 8, 2017 at 4:33 pm
  10. Brenda Byrd says:

Thnkz very much JR for the info

Reply | November 16, 2017 at 12:39 pm
  11. Brenda Byrd says:

Hi I hope to get an email about how to apply for one of the units. I would love to live in one of them. I love the area because become up and coming,and it is close to everything, especially my daughter. And I would love to be close to her.

Reply | December 11, 2017 at 10:39 am