Get Atlanta BeltLine updates right in your inbox!
Get Atlanta BeltLine updates right in your inbox!

MAP

Click to Expand
Interactive Map
Events  //   Blog  //   News  //   FAQs  //   Contact

The Atlanta BeltLine

Where Atlanta Comes Together. Learn more

Blog
New Affordable Housing for Seniors Now Under Construction
posted in affordable housing // 01/13/17

ATTENTION:

Commenting is now CLOSED on this post. Inquiries sent here will no longer be monitored. To inquire about Gateway Capitol View, please call Michelle Osborn, Community Manager, at 404-753-0073. Please leave a message with your name, phone number, and interest in Gateway Capitol View and your call will returned in 2 business days. If you are already on the waiting list, there is no need to call the new number.

updated 2/19/2018

Construction on a new affordable apartment complex for seniors is underway in the Capitol View neighborhood in southwest Atlanta. The project, led by The Prestwick Companies, will provide 160 homes just three-quarters of a mile from the Westside Trail and the future Murphy Crossing development. Its location across Murphy Avenue from the Oakland City MARTA station also puts mass transit within easy walking distance.

Homes will become available in late 2017. Residents will pay no more than 30 percent of their income in monthly rent, thanks to Project Based Rental Assistance from the Atlanta Housing Authority.

Invest Atlanta has supported the effort through a $14.5 million tax-exempt loan. The development’s location, at the corner of Murphy and Dill Avenues, falls within the Atlanta BeltLine Tax Allocation District and supports ABI’s goal of creating 5,600 units of affordable housing around the Atlanta BeltLine loop.

We will post contact info for rental inquiries here when it becomes available. We also list other affordable rental properties around the Atlanta BeltLine on the housing section of our website.

The 160-unit Gateway Capitol View apartments is located at the corner of Murphy Avenue and Dill Avenue in southwest Atlanta.

Gateway Capital View affordable housing for seniors 3

A MARTA train enters the Oakland City MARTA station adjacent to the Gateway Capitol View development.

Gateway Capital View affordable housing for seniors

Views of downtown Atlanta can be seen beyond the construction site.

Gateway Capital View affordable housing for seniors

Homes at Gateway Capitol View should be available for rent by the end of 2017.

Gateway Capital View affordable housing location map

The blue shape on the map above shows the location of the future Gateway Capitol View senior apartments. The green line is the Atlanta BeltLine and the yellow line is the future Crosstown Peachtree Line of the Atlanta Streetcar.

Join the Discussion

1. Capitol View resident says:

I hope the units will be built with triple paned glass. Day & night noise from the marta & csx trains is very loud

| January 16, 2017 at 3:06 pm
  2. Pat Puckett says:

My assumption is that all of these properties will be accessible for ALL occupents – whether they walk well or use a cane, walker or wheelchair. Atlanta does have an ordinance requiring a zero step entry and wide interior doors BUT I don’t know if it is being enforced these days. When staff turnover with administration changes, we often have to start all over again on educating enforcement folks. The last conversation I had with city folks was a good one but it’s been a while. My fingers are crossed!

| June 23, 2017 at 2:20 pm
  3. Takita Edwards says:

When will the waiting list be open

| July 23, 2017 at 9:29 am
    • Jenny Pittam says:

This project, developed by Prestwick, is scheduled to finish completion in April 2018. Applications will be accepted beginning 90 days before construction is completed. Please call (404) 292-9400 to be added the waiting list.
      Thank you!

| July 24, 2017 at 9:03 am
  4. S Clements says:

It is good to see developments for the senior population, they are the fastest growing and severely neglected population.

Are there other Prestwick developments under construction, if so, where?

Are Prestwick floor plans similar in all developments and offer same amenities? If not, what determines difference (i.e., location, demographics, etc)

Will these be income based or market priced?

Many thanks!

| August 14, 2017 at 11:45 am
    • JR says:

Hello! This development is under construction in the Capitol View Manor neighborhood of Atlanta. Monthly rent will be income-based. We will have more information on the development as it becomes available.

-JR

| August 16, 2017 at 3:29 pm
  5. martha says:

Greetings,
    Will you please provide an update on the senior housing? I pass by the building weekly, it looks close to completion. Will the units be a studio, one or two bedrooms? When will you begin calling the names on the list?

| October 19, 2017 at 8:18 pm
    • Jenny Pittam says:

Hello,
      This development, Capital View Gateway, is being developed by Prestwick. It is scheduled to finish completion in April 2018. Prestwick provided a phone number for potential residents to put their names on a waiting list: 404-292-9400. Applications will be accepted beginning 90 days before construction is completed.
      Thank you!

| October 20, 2017 at 9:43 am
  6. martha says:

Greetings,
    I pass by the building often. When will the building be complete? When will you begin to call names on the list? Will there be studios, one and two bedrooms?

| October 19, 2017 at 8:19 pm
  7. Elaine Hammond says:

I am homeless and I been trying to get information on the projects that are available based on income. I am 66 years of age. Are there any phone numbers that I can call? What about where to go to place an application? I call this number 404 292 9400.No one returned my call. Can you help me. Thanks.

| October 26, 2017 at 9:27 pm
    • JR says:

Hello Elaine: That is the correct number for this development. It may be that they are overwhelmed with interest. We will check on this for you.

Best,

| November 8, 2017 at 4:36 pm
  8. Mary Andrews says:

I would like to apply for the apartments on1734 Murphy Ave , I am 80yrs young, my son and daughter lives in that area I want to move closer to family, thank you.

| October 29, 2017 at 1:27 pm

Hello Mary,

Here is the number for the developer, Prestwick: (404) 292-9400 – Potential applicants should leave their name and number and ask to be placed on the waiting list for Gateway Capitol View.

Good luck!

| November 8, 2017 at 4:34 pm
  9. Brenda Byrd says:

They look like they r going to b really nice I hope I will have the luxury of living there. I have been looking for a senior living home for over three years. And I pray that I am one of the tenants.

| November 8, 2017 at 12:01 pm

Hi Brenda,

Good luck!

| November 8, 2017 at 4:33 pm
  10. Ms Anita C Garnes says:

I am 65 yrs of age and would love to live in you new four floor affordable senior apartments.

I have called the 404 292-9400 and left my phone number where I can be reached. 770 710-2987. If I don’t answer it is because I work. I have been on my job now 13 yrs till now. The phone where I can be reached is: 770 710-2987

| November 15, 2017 at 10:07 pm
    • JR says:

Thank you – I’ve forwarded your info to the developer so they can get in touch with you.

| December 19, 2017 at 3:02 pm
  11. Denise Pope says:

Hello my name is Denise Pope I called the number listed and got information to another senior housing in the Indian Creek area how will I know that my name will be added to this senior housing list.

| November 16, 2017 at 12:22 pm
    • JR says:

I’ve forwarded your info to the developer so they can get in touch with you.

| December 19, 2017 at 3:02 pm
  12. Brenda Byrd says:

Thnkz very much JR for the info

| November 16, 2017 at 12:39 pm
  13. Amanda A King says:

Good day.
    I interested in being put on your wait list for Capital Gateway Senior Apartments. I have left several voice messages in the pass. Please let me know when you will start taking application. I look forward to hearing from you.
    Regards,
    A King

| November 17, 2017 at 1:26 pm
    • JR says:

Hello – I’ve forwarded your info to the developer so they can get in touch with you.

| December 19, 2017 at 3:01 pm
  14. Julia Tyson says:

Living in a senior living apt nice amenity but no bus line now are in the future. As a senior living having assess to marta would be a blessing to be able to move around without calling a cab 🚕

| November 18, 2017 at 4:49 pm
  15. Pauline hann says:

How do I apply

| November 18, 2017 at 6:59 pm

Hello Pauline:

This development, Capital View Gateway, is being developed by Prestwick. It is scheduled to finish completion in April 2018. Prestwick provided a phone number for potential residents to put their names on a waiting list: 404-292-9400. Potential applicants should leave their name and number and ask to be placed on the waiting list for Gateway Capitol View.

-JR

| December 18, 2017 at 4:38 pm
      • Charmaine Norman says:

Hello, I am 62yrs been trying to reach the number several times but no one returns the calls, can someone return my call to put me on the waiting list, thanks and help. 404-895-0381

| December 20, 2017 at 10:17 am
        • JR says:

Hello: The waiting list is long but I will forward your information to the developer to make sure you are on the list. Thank you!

| January 3, 2018 at 11:06 am
  16. Kisha Love says:

Hello, I am a therapist and currently work with seniors in need of income based housing. I lefthink a message on the number provided. Please update me on the application progress so we can ensure the seniors have safe, affordable residence.

| November 20, 2017 at 5:34 pm
    • JR says:

Hello – I’ve forwarded your contact info to the developer so they can get in touch with you.

| December 19, 2017 at 3:00 pm
  17. Jeanne Jordan Glover says:

I would like information in these senior apartments

| November 29, 2017 at 5:17 pm
    • JR says:

Hello -I’ve forwarded your contact info to the developer. Thanks!

| December 19, 2017 at 2:59 pm
  18. Wilveria Clark says:

I am requesting that you place my name (Wilveria Clark) on the waiting list to apply for an apartment in April 2018 at Capital View Gateway which is under construction. My phone number is 470-532-3845 or 404-729-6036 (cell)

| November 30, 2017 at 1:00 pm

Hello:

-JR

| December 18, 2017 at 4:38 pm
  19. Ollie Newsome says:

I would like to placed on the waiting list for l br apartment.I am 61yrs in need of some where to stay.

| December 2, 2017 at 6:45 pm

Hello Ollie:

Best,

| December 18, 2017 at 4:38 pm
  20. Ceejay says:

I’ve been looking at this property it looks very nice..hopefully I can get on the waiting list.
    Good luck!!!

| December 6, 2017 at 6:54 pm
  21. Tatiana Albury says:

Do You Have To be A senior citizen to stay here I am currently homeless with a 1 year old boy and a 4 month girl I really need a place of my own I do work

| December 6, 2017 at 10:17 pm
  22. Shelly Marie Jenkins says:

Hi this Shelly Marie Jenkins,I’m still is interested in putting in a application with y’all for the low income program,I’m 56yrs.old and my income is social security disability.i receive 788.00 a month. That’s my only income. And I gets $16.00 in food stamps.

| December 7, 2017 at 11:28 am

Hello Shelly:

Thanks,

| December 18, 2017 at 4:37 pm
  23. Brenda Byrd says:

Hi I hope to get an email about how to apply for one of the units. I would love to live in one of them. I love the area because become up and coming,and it is close to everything, especially my daughter. And I would love to be close to her.

| December 11, 2017 at 10:39 am
  24. carol carter says:

iam on section 8 willyou be takeing this program? my name i carol carter my e-mail is carolrcarter@yahoo.com

| December 18, 2017 at 4:45 pm
    • JR says:

Hello – I’ve forwarded your contact info to the developer.

| December 19, 2017 at 2:58 pm
  25. Carlene Celeste Mack says:

I need housing badly. I have a 50059 form.

| January 3, 2018 at 5:41 pm
    • JR says:

Hello – we sent your contact info to the developer. They should get in touch with you. Thank you!

| January 16, 2018 at 10:49 am
  26. Renita J Owens says:

Add to list

| January 7, 2018 at 10:16 pm
    • JR says:

Hello – we’ve sent your information to the developer. They should get in touch with you. Thanks!

| January 16, 2018 at 10:52 am
  27. Lori Walker says:

My husband and I would like to be put on the waitlist…I did call the number listed..Just wondering when the applications will be ready for potential residents to fill out..He recieves Social Security and basically we are looking for a 2/2 we both are over 55..Can you post qualifications needed..Thank you…Lori Walker

| January 8, 2018 at 1:54 am
    • JR says:

Hello Lori -we’ve forwarded your information to the developer. They should get in touch with you. Thanks!

| January 16, 2018 at 10:53 am
  28. Teresa Scott says:

Hi what month or date we all can application and I call the number for the apt.i call that number 404 292for Gateway capital view and have not heard from no one please call need a place by March 1 2018 can.be reached at 678 755 2066

| January 15, 2018 at 12:59 pm
    • JR says:

I have forwarded your information to the developer. They are likely backlogged but if you called, your name should be on their waiting list. Thanks!

| January 16, 2018 at 10:42 am
  29. Iyanna N Mitchell says:

Is this property only for seniors?

| January 15, 2018 at 2:07 pm
    • JR says:

Hi Lyanna – yes, this property is for seniors. Please keep an eye out for other housing opportunities here and at investatlanta.org. Thanks! – JR

| January 16, 2018 at 10:36 am
  30. Rufus Walker says:

Hello inquiring about the capital view senior apartments..I would like to be placed on the waitlist.my wife and I are looking for a 2/2 if possible.I see that they will be completed in April..I can be reached at 678-420-8869..Thank you.

| January 15, 2018 at 9:15 pm
    • JR says:

I have forwarded your information to the developer. Thanks!

| January 16, 2018 at 10:41 am
  31. Joeen Hill says:

I signed up for the wait list September 20, 2017 through Scott Crossing, for Gateway Capitol View. I just needed to make sure that my information was forwarded to Indian Creek.

| January 17, 2018 at 2:17 pm

Hello Ms. Hill –

We’ll forward your information on to be sure the developer has it. Thanks!

Best,

| January 23, 2018 at 11:01 am
  32. Joanne Reeves says:

Hi my name is Joanne Reeves and if you could forward my information on the wait list ill truley appreciate it cell- 4044825088

| January 18, 2018 at 9:00 am

Hello Ms. Reeves:

We will forward your information to the developer to be placed on the waiting list.

Best,

| January 23, 2018 at 11:00 am
  33. Yolanda Nolan says:

Hello, I am a senior and would like to be placed on your waiting list. Contact number is (678) 852-9408

| January 18, 2018 at 12:06 pm

Hello Ms. Nolan,

Best,

| January 23, 2018 at 10:59 am
  34. Deborah Elliott says:

I am 60 years old I am working senior I would like to be on the waiting list my # 678-789-3755 thx u

| January 18, 2018 at 1:54 pm

Hello Ms. Elliot –

Best,

| January 23, 2018 at 10:58 am
  35. carol carter says:

my name is Carol Carter ive been trying too reach someone too be placed on the list for housing. cell # is 404 -319-0751 or home # is 678-927-9029 please have someone to call me, i wont the information!!I have a section 8 vol. for2000.00

| January 19, 2018 at 7:02 pm
  36. carol carter says:

my name is Brenda Gail Jacobs my # is 678-592-0178

| January 19, 2018 at 7:05 pm
  37. Shirley Goosby says:

my name is Miss.Shirley Goosby and i have call and put my name on the list but i need some where to stay#770 896-8328

| January 20, 2018 at 10:49 pm

Hi Shirley,

We will forward your information to the developer. They likely have a very long waiting list and haven’t started leasing yet, but we will make sure they can add your info to the list.

Best,

| January 23, 2018 at 10:55 am
  38. Michael Jackson says:

Please forward my info to developers my name is Michael Jackson weathermanmj@gmail.com to be put on waiting list also…

| January 22, 2018 at 3:12 pm
    • JR says:

We got your comment and will forward your info to the developers. Thanks!

-JR

| January 23, 2018 at 10:47 am
  39. DRE says:

HELLO I AM DRE I SEEN A HUDGE COMPLEX BEING BUILD IN BACK OF OAKLAND CITY TRAIN STATION IT LOOKS LIKE A 10 STORY BUILDING CAN U LET ME KNOW IF THESE THE APARTMENTS THATS GONNA BE READY BY APRIL 2018.

| January 22, 2018 at 8:57 pm
    • JR says:

Hi Dre – The Gateway Capitol View development is located at Murphy and Dill, very close to the Oakland City Transit station so it may be the one that you saw. Hope that helps – thanks for your question!

| January 23, 2018 at 10:46 am
  40. Pamela Williams says:

GM I’m reaching out too any 1 that has any other information how too get on
    wait no list for
    Gateway Capitol View
    The phone no
    404- 292- 9400
    Is taking wait list for property in Indiana Creek
    Thanks

| January 23, 2018 at 10:06 am

Hi Pamela,

Thanks,

| January 23, 2018 at 10:30 am
  41. Hosea Wi;;iamss says:

hello me and a friend was at the corner of murphey and redan by this great big apartment building that had patios and central air units outside and i think inside the ground level apartments we seen gray carpet and the building are like 10 floors high but they are not finish are these the apartments for seniors but there are some more on the other side of the train station also.

| January 25, 2018 at 2:06 am
  42. Brenda Byrd says:

Hi this is Brenda Byrd I have pass by the Units n realize that they r almost finish. I am 56 n I have been trying to find n affordable place to live. N to b close to my daughter, I would love to b one of your tenants. Thnkz

| January 27, 2018 at 6:14 pm
  43. dre says:

hello that phone number are not in service 404-292-9400 i call 3 times

| February 9, 2018 at 11:35 am
    • JR says:

Hello – we had reports that the number was not working, but I called and it seems to be back in service. Please try 470-373-5205 again and leave a message for the property.

Thanks! JR

| February 9, 2018 at 3:37 pm
  44. dre says:

my name are Hosiea 229-575-5217 these are the big complex in back of oakland train station at the corner of murphey and redan

| February 9, 2018 at 11:38 am
  45. Michael W Jackson says:

Hi,
    I received a call from someone with the main office that gave me some info and placed me on the wait list back in May 2017 but I have tried unsuccessfully to make contact to confirm and get some idea on the progress. Can you please forward my contact info or have someone to contact me with confirmation that I’m on the list and an update. Thanks.
    M. W. Jackson

| February 11, 2018 at 4:42 pm

Hi Michael,

The developer has hired a property manager for Gateway Capitol View. Please call Michelle Osborn, Community Manager, Gateway Capitol View, at 470-373-5205. If you reach voicemail, please leave a message with your name, phone number, and interest in Gateway Capitol View and your call will returned in 2 business days.

I’ll also send your info along to make sure they have it.

Thanks,

| February 14, 2018 at 12:41 pm
  46. Rhonda Trice says:

Hello My Name Is Rhonda Trice(404-963-2791(Home) Or 404-649-1709(Cell Number) I Spoke With Doria Months Ago About Being Placed On The Waiting List For These Apartments, However, I Have Been Trying To Contact Her With No Luck. I Also Spoke With Ilka @ Indian Creek & She Didn’t Know Anything Regarding Gateway @ Capitol View. I Called The Number 404-292-9400 And It Has Been Disconnected.

I Went Passed The Apartments(Gateway @ Capitol View) & Saw The Number 470-373-5205 On The Building, Called Number & The Mailbox Was Full. I Hope & Pray I Can Be Be A Tenant, I’ve Been Awaiting The Completion And Watching The Construction Since Last Year.

I Just Want To Be Placed On The Waiting List, If I Am Not Already.

Thank You In Advance.

| February 12, 2018 at 7:05 pm

Hi Rhonda,

470-373-5205 is the correct number. Please try that line again – I will also forward your information along to the management to make sure they have it if you don’t get through.

Thanks,

| February 14, 2018 at 12:40 pm
  47. Phyllis Granville says:

Just checking to see if I was put on waiting list. I talked to Michelle.

| February 14, 2018 at 5:09 pm
  48. Antoinette Williams says:

I was trying to get my name on the waiting list for a one bedroom apartment. I am 56 yrs. old and can be reached at (470)274-1286 cell phone.

| February 14, 2018 at 11:39 pm
  49. Daniel Knight says:

Good Morning Ms. Osburn,

We just left the housing site on Dill and Murphy. We have been calling the number posted at the site and have been unsuccessful in speaking with someone, therefore we assumed we had the wrong number. I am very much interested in living in that location because of the location to Marta. I would like to know when you will be taking applications for rental, where to apply and when to apply. Your kind consideration of this matter is most appreciated. I can be reached at 404- 219- 3861 or you may call Lillie Hercules at 404-788-7850.

Daniel Knight

| February 15, 2018 at 11:04 am
  50. Donna Horne Reaves says:

I would like to be placed on waiting list

| February 16, 2018 at 2:06 pm
By Categories
By Month

Stay in the loop.

There’s always something new happening on the Atlanta BeltLine. Like us on Facebook to get it all in your News Feed.

I’ve already liked Atlanta BeltLine on Facebook