Heard about the Atlanta BeltLine Run.Walk.Go! Series (formerly the Atlanta BeltLine Running Series)? Have great ideas for a t-shirt? Then we want to hear from you! Entering its fifth year, the four-race series has attracted nearly 10,000 participants – providing a fun, festive atmosphere while connecting people to diverse communities and better health. Now in 2015 we’re looking for fresh ideas from all of you on what an amazing t-shirt would look like. You don’t need to be a graphic designer to participate, though it may help!
- We’re looking for a design (or designs) that can be adapted for 4 shirts (frontside only).
- Each of the shirts should embody the active, energetic, and fun experience that being a runner or walker in our series brings. The design should also evoke a connection to the diverse sets of communities that each race passes through. This connection can be represented via neighborhood landmarks, imagery, icons, lingo, or other representations of your choosing. The neighborhoods connected by each race are listed below, and we encourage you to explore them in person, online, or in any other way you can.
- Northside 5K: Ardmore Park, Collier Hills, Collier Hills North, Colonial Homes
- Southwest 5K: Audobon Forest, Beecher Hills, West End, Westview, Westwood Terrace
- Southeast 8K: Boulevard Heights, Chosewood Park, Grant Park, Peoplestown, South Atlanta
- Eastside 10K: Inman Park, Midtown, Old Fourth Ward, Poncey-Highland, Virginia Highland
- Please limit the number of colors you use to 3 or 4. We don’t know what color the shirt will be yet but in the past we’ve had white, blue, green, yellow, grey and red. The shirt colors have been used to distinguish between the different races. So please consider that your design could work on different colored backgrounds.
- More information about the Run.Walk.Go! Series can be found at beltline.org/races.
WHAT YOU WIN:
- FREE registration to all four races.
- All four shirts in the sizes of your choosing.
- A cool award when you complete the four races.
- A blog post written about you, highlighting you and your winning design. It will be featured in the weekly e-news received by more than 21,000 subscribers!
- You’ll also be eligible for additional commissions for the Atlanta BeltLine Partnership.
- All submitted designs must be 300dpi or greater. Vector images are preferred but not required. Hand drawn images will be accepted. These may be either EPS or PDF.
- Please only one entry per person.
- By submitting to this competition you affirm that the artwork presented is your own original artwork and does not infringe on any intellectual property rights.
- Submit your entry to email@example.com, with the subject “T-Shirt Design: Your name”
- Please write your contact information and any descriptions of the designs in the text body of the email.
- Design Competition posted: Monday, March 2, 2015
- Submissions due: Monday, March 30th by 5:00pm EST
- Winners Selected: Friday, April 3rd