Play Day on the Atlanta BeltLine with Atlanta ContactPoint was an amazing collection of dozens of sports and activities, with more than 600 folks from all around Atlanta coming to join in a day of play and recreation. Warm, sunny weather combined with Boulevard Crossing Park’s open and spacious fields made for the perfect setting for children and adults to try out a cornucopia of activities.
The fluid, easy movements of the martial arts and dance/fitness class was a highlight of the event, inviting children and adults of all ages to join in on the action, while all-time favorites dodgeball and kickball were a hit with first timers and old pros alike. Lacrosse stayed on the field for hours of excitement for even some of the youngest athletes, and at one time, there were 12 different activities taking place at the same time!
The separate field for adults highlighted bubble suit soccer and drew quite an audience with dozens of participants eager to bounce around and try their hand at this novel new sport. Players did a surprisingly good job of staying on their feet and scoring goals. Other popular adult sports included kickball and flag football.
Check out photos from this amazing day of play on the Atlanta BeltLine.
Our Next Play Day on the Atlanta BeltLine
The May 17 Play Day on the Atlanta BeltLine promises to be an even bigger and better affair as the Atlanta Jazz Festival is joining in to bring an assortment of musicians to conclude the event on a soothing jazzy note. In addition to many of the exciting activities children and adults will enjoy on the fields at this event, we will also utilize:
- The Washington Park Natatorium for swimming, water aerobics and water polo with the support of City of Atlanta, Atlanta Sport and Social Club, and local swim coaches;
- The Tennis Center will provide youth and adult tennis with Washington Park and USTA coaches,
- The courts also will feature Street/Roller hockey and Roller Derby
- Greenspace and Stage for fitness, “imagination playground”, and dance
- This event also will feature special appearances by the Atlanta Falcons Cheerleaders and Freddie the Mascot.
Atlanta ContactPoint is a local nonprofit with a mission to support and engage the community with comprehensive wellness programs such as sports, fitness, arts, nutritional education, and social responsibility.
Visit http://www.atlcp.org/events/atlanta-beltline-play-day-washington-park/ for details on our upcoming Play Day on the Atlanta BeltLine.