The Atlanta BeltLine Running Series(R) third annual Atlanta BeltLine Eastside 10K got off to a chilly start on Saturday, Dec. 7, 2013 at Stoveworks. A Peachtree Qualifier, the race included the highly-popular College Alumni Tailgate Challenge and the Neighborhood Challenge.
“As a Peachtree Qualifier, the demand for the Atlanta BeltLine Eastside 10K has been enormous,” said Atlanta BeltLine Running Series Race Director Dan Popovic. “Since the Peachtree Road Race began assigning start positions based on performance in qualifier races, this ups the ante on the value of participation to the running community.”
This run/walk on the Eastside Trail winds through the Inman Park, Midtown, Old Fourth Ward, Poncey Highland, and Virginia Highland neighborhoods. Participants passed by the new Historic Fourth Ward Park and Skate Park, enjoyed beautiful vistas of downtown and midtown Atlanta, traveled an off-road stretch of the Atlanta BeltLine corridor, and enjoyed a jaunt through Piedmont Park.
Check out images from the event.
Congratulations to our Top Winners for the 2013 Atlanta BeltLine Eastside 10K!
1 – Dougie Coffed 32.13.1
2 – Michael Gerber 35.03.6
3 – Brad Slavens 36.06.3
1 – Lauren Blankenship 37.46.8
2 – Michele Eisenlohr 44.01.9
3 – Babette Lombardo 44.30.3
Tailgate Challenge Winners
Way to show your team spirit! Our lucky winners of exciting happy hour prizes include:
- Georgia College & State University
- University of Georgia
- Tulane University
- University of Florida
Atlanta Neighborhood Taking Home the Cash Purse:
1. Old Fourth Ward – Largest Team ($500)
2. Poncey Highland – Most Spirited Team ($250)
3. Inman Park Neighborhood -Fastest Team ($250)
More details about the Atlanta BeltLine Running Series – including the Atlanta BeltLine Eastside 10K, challenges and other races, can be found at http://Run.BeltLine.org.
Awards & Entertainment
· Terrapin Beer Company was a big hit
- · Unique “slap koozie” awards for both overall and individual age-group winners
- · Long-sleeved technical shirt
- · Theatrical performance from Atlanta Ballet
- · Cartoon Network’s Jake and Finn from Adventure Time added even more fun and energy to the event
- · Great post-race nourishment from Whole Foods and other partners
- · Smooth, fun course along Atlanta’s hottest new trail – the Eastside Trail
- · All the great new art installations
- · Great post-race party at Stoveworks
- · Alumni tents
- · Jamming out to high-energy tunes from our host Checkacee
Looking forward to 2014!
Join us for a very special kick off to the 2014 Atlanta BeltLine Running Series!
This 3-9 mile Run Club will be hosted by Serenbe, and will be followed by exciting announcements for the 2014 Atlanta BeltLine Running Series Plans and Active Lifestyle Competition – as well as tasty treats! Join us on Saturday, Jan. 25th at 11 a.m. Please RSVP for this free event so we will have a proper head count.