Incredible Weather, Unique and Fun Activities and More Made For a Fantastic Race
The newest addition to the Atlanta BeltLine Running Series line-up, the first annual Atlanta BeltLine Southeast 8K challenged runners and walkers to a hilly course through some of the Atlanta BeltLine’s newest parks in Southeast Atlanta.. Participants were treated with an opportunity to experience areas many had not seen before, including the historic Boulevard Heights and Chosewood Park neighborhoods, and D.H. Stanton and Boulevard Crossing Parks. More than 400 registered for this challenging new event, where fun and unique race day activities included:
- A Youth Fun Run and Challenge with the Atlanta Silverbacks and Soccer in the Streets
- Panna matches (1v1, 2v2) and pick-up games for all ages
- Cartoon Network’s Jake and Finn from Adventure Time – these guys brought some awesome energy and fun to the pre-race warm up and the finishing line
- Atlanta Braves BAT Team, Atlanta Hawks Community Team
- Awesome sponsors including exciting awards, raffles and more: BOGO tear tags from Chipotle, FitBit from VEININNOVATIONS, and more
- The return of the fabulous and energetic Checka Cee, emceeing and playing some of the top hits to raise the excitement levels and fun for everyone
- A hot new design for the race shirts
- Cool mug awards
Congratulations to our finalists!
Top Male Winners
1. Mac Stormont 29:09:8
2. Jim Wueste 30:17.0
3. Joey Jarrell 31:16:9
Top Female Winners
1. Tara Mooney 31:43.7
2. Kathleen Turchin 32:14.9
3. Babette Lombardo 35:37.8
Check out our Southeast 8K photo gallery
Proceeds from the Atlanta BeltLine Running Series support Atlanta BeltLine Partnership programs vital to the Atlanta BeltLine, including tours and other public outreach.
Keep the momentum going! Register for the December 7 Atlanta BeltLine Eastside 10K. A Peachtree Qualifier, this event on Atlanta’s most popular new trail sold out before race day last year. Race day fun includes the Collegiate Alumni Tailgate Challenge and the Neighborhood Challenge. Click here for details and registration.