|Get Atlanta BeltLine updates right in your inbox!|
The Atlanta BeltLine
Where Atlanta Comes Together. Learn more
2013 Atlanta BeltLine Running Series is Off to a Great Start!
The third annual Atlanta BeltLine Northside 5K kicked off our 2013 race series on a cool, sunny spring day with a run on the Northside Trail and in the neighborhoods surrounding Tanyard Creek Park. With nearly 600 enthusiastic registered runners, incredible prizes from our generous sponsors, terrific running weather, an awesome spirit of competitiveness between runners and the Atlanta Police and Fire Departments, and the addition of our first-ever 1K Youth Fun Run, this was an action-packed event!
Congratulations to our race winners:
The Atlanta Police Department won the FitWit fitness challenge, but the Atlanta Fire Department takes home the trophy for the 2013 Atlanta BeltLine Police-Fire Challenge!
Top Male and Female Runners:
- Tee Mott – 16.34.8
- Charlie McKnight – 17.36.4
- Robert Buckley – 17.46.1
- Tara Gormley – 18.36.0
- Candace Harrison – 18.41.1
- Laura Worley – 19.46.4
Race Day Recap
We heard lots of great feedback from you all following the race! We hope you enjoyed all of the fun post-race activities. And, congratulations to our lucky raffle winners – our sponsors awarded some really exciting prizes – we hope you enjoy them!
- The Atlanta BeltLine Northside 1K Youth Fun Run challenged the kids while giving them an exciting sense of accomplishment. We are confident that there were some good naps that followed the race, and that’s what we call a win-win for parents and kids alike!
- The Atlanta Fire Department stole the show at the FitWit fitness challenge – but the Atlanta Police Department was ultimately victorious in securing the win for the Police-Fire Department Challenge.
- Atlanta Hawks UNIT 21 brought out the games with an arcade-style basketball hoop.
- Power 96.1 (formerly Wild 105.7) provided lively music.
- H.E.R.O. was on site, thanks to State Farm agent Cleo Meyer. Congratulations to Carlos Zomota for winning the Recovery Bucket raffle filled with sports drinks, protein bars and towels.
- Our Gold Sponsor Integral raffle – designed to raise funds to support the Atlanta Food Bank – awarded the awesome NIKE+FUELBAND to Kimberly Williams and an iPad mini to Jeanette Beraldi.
- VEININNOVATIONS raffle for a 1/2 hour sclerotherapy session that includes a venous ultrasound – spider vein treatment ($400 value) – was awarded to Annemarie Smith.
For those that registered for the Active Lifestyle Challenge, your participation in the Atlanta BeltLine Northside 5K earned you at least 250 points. You may have even earned more based on the challenges you set for yourself and your race results. Be sure to log into your profile to see how you did and what awards are available. We have an early front runner for the title of Atlanta BeltLine’s Most Active: Katie Oliff has earned at least 550 points!
Be sure to check out our photo album to relive the fun and see if you can find a photo of yourself!
Keep Up the Momentum!
We hope to see you at our next Atlanta BeltLine Run Clubs at Park Tavern on Thursday, June 6th at 7 p.m. and one Wednesday, June 19 at 6:30 p.m. at West Stride.
If you have not already registered for the July 13th Atlanta BeltLine Southwest 5K, we recommend doing so as soon as possible. Last year’s event sold out well ahead of race day, so we were not able to offer race day registration. We’re gearing up for another awesome event – complete with the popular Atlanta Neighborhood Challenge!
And Last But Definitely Not Least…
Thank you, thank you, thank you to the 40+ awesome volunteers who so generously gave their time and talent, and our incredible sponsors who helped make this event a success
Stay in the loop.
There’s always something new happening on the Atlanta BeltLine. Like us on Facebook to get it all in your News Feed.