What will the Transportation Referendum mean for the City of Atlanta? Attend a special upcoming Atlanta BeltLine Study Group meeting in your area to learn more.Northeast Study Group Meeting When: Thursday, May 10, 6:30 p.m. – 8:30 p.m. Where: Martin Luther King Jr. Recreation Center, 90 Boulevard Avenue, 30312 Southeast Study Group Meeting When: Monday, May 14, 6:30 – 8:30 p.m.
Where: Trees Atlanta, 225 Chester Avenue, 30316 Southwest Study Group Meeting When: Thursday, May 24, 6:30 – 8:30 p.m. Where: West Hunter Street Baptist Church, 1040 Ralph David Abernathy, 30310 Westside Study Group Meeting When: Thursday, May 31, 6:30 – 8:30 p.m.
Where: Atlanta Community Food Bank, 732 Joseph E. Lowery Boulevard, 30318 Northside Study Group Meeting When: Monday, June 4, 6:30 – 8:30 p.m.
Where: Piedmont Hospital, McRae Auditorium, 1984 Peachtree Road, 30309
10.2 miles of new Atlanta BeltLine/Atlanta Streetcar transit within the next 10 years
Passage of Transportation Referendum would enable the City of Atlanta to provide crucial, last-mile connectivity within the region to employment, education and entertainment centers in the City. On July 31, 2012 voters will cast their ballots. If the Referendum passes, it will mean 10.2 miles of new transit starting at MARTA stations in Midtown and Downtown, connecting to the east and west sides of the Atlanta BeltLine. Roughly five miles of transit would be built on the Atlanta BeltLine’s east and west sides, with another five miles of cross-town connections across Midtown and Downtown.
Benefits of the City of Atlanta Transit Projects include:
- Direct connections for more than 100,000 jobs within a ¼ mile of the routes.
- Direct connections for tens of thousands of students at Georgia Tech and GSU.
- Direct connections to the North Avenue and Peachtree Center MARTA stations.
- New MARTA station and connection at Joseph E. Boone Blvd.
- Direct, last mile connections to key regional destinations, such as Piedmont Park, Centennial Olympic Park, Georgia Aquarium, Phillips Arena Georgia World Congress Center, Carter Center, MLK Jr. National Historic site, and downtown and midtown circulation from MARTA.
For more information, please visit transit.beltline.org
Mark your calendar to vote on July 31, 2012.