Calling all artists! This Saturday, March 31, and Sunday, April 1, join members of our Art on the Atlanta BeltLine committee as we introduce you to (or refamiliarize you with) the space for our 2012 exhibition. If you or an artist you know is thinking of submitting a proposal for this year’s temporary public art project, these walks are the perfect chance to scope out the corridor. This affords the opportunity to submit a site-specific proposal if you would like or just peruse the corridor and imagine it filled with performing and visual arts.
Saturday, March 31 at 2 p.m.
- Meet at Washington Park, which is at the end of Lena Street on Atlanta’s westside (see our map here).
- You can access this meeting spot via MARTA and the Ashby Station. If you drive, you may want to partner up with someone to stage a car at the end for driving back or you can take MARTA back.
- We will walk south down the Atlanta BeltLine hiking trail and finish near the West End MARTA station.
Sunday, April 1 at 2 p.m.
- Meet in the Park Tavern parking lot, which is at the corner of 10th Street and Monroe Drive on Atlanta’s eastside (see our map here).
- We will hike north through the Piedmont Park expansion to Montgomery Ferry and then back south.
- We will then drive to the section of trail in between Wylie and Memorial in Reynoldstown.
- We will not be able to hike the Eastside Trail at this time as it is under construction, but it will be open for the exhibition.
Committee members can also answer any questions you may have about your proposal, its feasibility, possible locations, and more.
Download the RFP on our website: art.beltline.org. Please remember that proposals are due on April 16, 2012!
Follow along with us on our Art on the Atlanta BeltLine facebook page.