Atlanta BeltLine, Inc. (ABI) is seeking applicants for its new SSD Stakeholder Advisory Board. The new board will work alongside our Tax Allocation District Advisory Council (TADAC), BeltLine Affordable Housing Advisory Board (BAHAB), and BeltLine Public Art Advisory Council (BPAAC) to provide insight and advice to the organization.
In March 2021, Mayor Bottoms and the Atlanta City Council approved legislation creating the Atlanta BeltLine Special Service District (SSD) that will provide approximately $100 million towards completing the Atlanta BeltLine’s 22-mile multi-use trail loop.
Part of the legislation requires the formation of a Stakeholder Advisory Board to provide an additional layer of guidance from community stakeholders from each BeltLine Subarea, including commercial property owners, small business operators, multifamily property owners, and multifamily rental property residents
The new advisory board will meet quarterly and is responsible for providing non-binding advice, robust analysis, and critical thinking for the utilization of the $100M Special Service District funds to complete the Atlanta BeltLine trail loop. Members will:
- Provide strategic insight, current knowledge, and advice;
- Explore opportunities and problem solve;
- Ensure transparency of how the dollars are used; and,
- Help with trade-off analysis and other matters that require critical thinking.
Individuals interested in being considered for this committee will need to submit the online form below by Monday, August 9, 2021.
Potential applicants must belong to one of the stakeholder categories located in one of the BeltLine Subareas – commercial property owners, small business operators, multifamily property owners, and multifamily rental property residents. (Note: Single-family homeownership is not eligible as a stand-alone category for consideration on this stakeholder advisory board.).
- Small business operators will be defined as under 25 employees for this application process.
Multifamily rental property residents should have lived in the BeltLine Planning Area for at least three years.
- Commercial property and multifamily property owners that are providing a community benefit to their tenants or their surrounding community will be given strong consideration. Applicants that also live in the BeltLine Planning Area/Special Service District will be strongly considered.
If you have any questions or to request a paper or PDF version of this form, contact:
- email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- phone: (404) 554-0939