Art on the Atlanta BeltLine (AoAB) is seeking sculptures, installation and 3D artists at every stage of their careers to apply for our 2020-2021 exhibition season. Historic, environmental, cultural, functional, urban design, and/or aesthetic aspects of the Atlanta BeltLine are good starting points to consider for potential proposal submissions. Projects should be well-researched, well-planned, feasible and reflective of the culture and history of Beltline neighborhoods, amplify local history, and elevates voices and narratives that have historically been marginalized.
Proposed works need to consider the geography, topography, and scale of one or more of the identified BeltLine Spaces locations on the Atlanta BeltLine trails. Images and a map of these locations can be found here Sculpture Site Map along with geographical coordinates. Concrete pads are limited and artists are encouraged to consider creative alternatives for both installation and visual integration into the landscape. Successful projects will be additive and not reductive to the landscape. Works will be exhibited up to two (2) years.
Examples of proposed work include but are not limited to:
• Temporary art – sculptural or visual installations;
• Gateway or entrance works;
• Works traversing an Atlanta BeltLine trail*;
• Monumental works;
• Interactive works;
• Environmental works;
• Loan of existing artwork, such as sculptures or assemblages;
• Work that is reflective of the culture and history of Beltline neighborhoods, amplify local history, and elevates voices and narratives that have historically been marginalized.
Proposed materials shall be durable, requiring minimal maintenance in an outdoor setting. All works must be designed to be safely removed at the end of the designated period or disintegrate safely into the environment. All construction, installation, and de-installation methods must be adequate and safe for public interaction. Projects must last throughout the exhibition period.
*All sculptural work traversing the trail must be installed a minimum of 24 inches off each side as well as a minimum of 14 feet high entirely.
PROPOSAL DUE DATE: All proposals must be received by 5:00 pm EST on Friday, May 15th, 2020.
Submittals received after the deadline will not be considered.
DOWNLOAD: the full Request for Proposals
SUBMIT YOUR PROPOSAL ONLINE: https://arcg.is/1rbuzL0
March 18th, 2020 @ Peters Street Station, Time 6:30-8pmRESCHEDULED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE March 21st, 2020 @ Atlanta BeltLine, Inc Offices, Time: 10am-12pmRESCHEDULED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE
- April 8th, 2020 @ Mint at The Met ATL Time: 6:30-8pm
- April 18th, 2020 @ Atlanta BeltLine, Inc. Offices, Time: 10am-12pm
- April 22nd, 2020 ArtsXchange @ Time: 6:30-8pm
- March-April 2020@ Local NPU Meetings