Art on the Atlanta BeltLine (AoAB) is seeking visual artists, performers, musicians, lecturers, and art historians (“Art Professional(s)”) at every stage of their careers to apply for our 2020-2021 exhibition season. Historic, environmental, cultural, functional, urban design, and/or aesthetic aspects of the Atlanta BeltLine are good starting points to consider for potential proposal submissions. Projects should be well-researched, well-planned, and feasible. Although not limited to the following examples, potential projects might include all or some of the following:
- Performance works of all kinds, including but not limited to street and travelling performers, parade, music, dance, theater, and performance art
- Utilization of fences or screening devices
- School or class projects
- Historical or didactic works
- Projects that promote exploration of Atlanta BeltLine trails
- Organizational collaborations
- Sculpture opportunities (please see separate call for submissions)
- Work that is reflective of the culture and history of Beltline neighborhoods, amplify local history, and elevates voices and narratives that have historically been marginalized.
Proposed materials shall be durable, requiring minimal maintenance in an outdoor setting. All works must be designed to be safely removed at the end of the designated period or disintegrate safely into the environment. All construction, installation, and de-installation methods must be adequate and safe for public interaction. Projects must last throughout the exhibition period; however, artists may also create and submit performance or ephemeral works that could be scheduled to occur periodically throughout the 2020-2021 exhibition. All works and performances must be suitable for all ages and audiences.
PROPOSAL DUE DATE: All proposals must be received by 5:00 pm EST on Friday, May 15th, 2020 in PDF Format.
Submittals received after the deadline will not be considered.
DOWNLOAD: the full Request for Proposals.
SUBMIT YOUR PROPOSAL ONLINE: https://arcg.is/1rbuzL0
March 18th, 2020 @ Peters Street Station, Time 6:30-8pmRESCHEDULED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE March 21st, 2020 @ Atlanta BeltLine, Inc Offices, Time: 10am-12pmRESCHEDULED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE
- April 8th, 2020 @ Mint at The Met ATL Time: 6:30-8pm
- April 18th, 2020 @ Atlanta BeltLine, Inc. Offices, Time: 10am-12pm
- April 22nd, 2020 ArtsXchange @ Time: 6:30-8pm
- March-April 2020@ Local NPU Meetings