Job growth in the City of Atlanta has created new opportunities in exciting fields like hospitality, construction and technology, but those opportunities aren’t always easy to find. This session will help residents in Atlanta BeltLine Communities connect with opportunities to gain new, or improve existing, skills needed to compete for these jobs.
The Atlanta BeltLine Partnership is partnering with Goodwill, Urban League of Greater Atlanta, Generations, CEFGA, Per Scolas and Atlanta Technical College to bring you the first Workforce Empowerment Session designed to connect you with high-growth job opportunities and the skills training needed to apply for them. If you live in an Atlanta BeltLine community and are interested in finding a new career, or learning new job skills, please join us for this important information session.
What: Join us for a two hour evening session to hear from:
- Generation on career opportunities in hospitality and IT
- CEFGA on career opportunities in the construction industry
- Goodwill on a wide range of career training programs
- Urban League will present various career readiness programs offered for youth (18 – 24) and adults
- Per Scolas on technology career opportunities
- Atlanta Technical College will discuss various educational offerings and training programs
After the presentations there will be a Q&A session followed by a job fair where attendees can talk one-on-one with representatives from all organizations so you’ll be empowered immediately to take action on your journey to a new career.
When: Wednesday, May 22, 6:00 – 8:00 pm
Where: Atlanta Technical College, Cleveland L. Dennard Conference Center, 1560 Metropolitan Pkwy. SW, Atlanta, GA 30310
Sign Up: This session is free and open to the public, but we need to know how many people to expect so please register here.
Special thanks to International Hotel Group (IHG) for their sponsorship of our Workforce Empowerment sessions.