You’re invited to join Atlanta BeltLine Partnership for Meditation + Matchas, a health and wellness workshop! This event will cover meditation from a health perspective, as well as a practical perspective. You’ll also learn about and make Matcha tea with us.
Choose from either a free ticket, or a $22 ticket to reserve a beautiful hand-thrown Matcha mug to take home, made by our neighbors at Academy Coffee. All paid ticket proceeds directly benefit the Partnership.
At the 10-11:30 am workshop we’ll enjoy learning with three Meditation + Matcha experts:
- Health, mindfulness and meditation presentation
with Elita Lerner, BSN, RN, ICU Staff Nurse at WellStar Atlanta Medical Center
- Practical discussion on mediation and mindfulness with a group meditation session
with Jennifer Finch, MA, LPC, NCC, CBCT®, Certified Meditation Instructor, Be Here Now Mindfulness
- Presentation on the history and use of matcha tea, demonstration and matcha making workshop
with Connan Moody, Owner, Academy Coffee
- Q+A over matchas with Elita, Jennifer and Connan:
About Our Experts
Elita Lerner, BSN, RN (above left) is an ICU Staff Nurse at Wellstar Atlanta Medical Center. Following a twenty-year journey creating and presenting sales stories for consumer product goods companies, she decided to take her critical thinking and analytical skills to the health care field. She is passionate in her pursuit of providing world-class health care to the patients and families in her care.
Jennifer Finch (above middle) is an experienced psychotherapist in the Atlanta area who has dedicated the past decade researching the intersection of trauma and meditation. In her professional trainings and individual client therapy with Be Here Now Mindfulness, she integrates modern neuroscience, polyvagal theory, meditation practices, relational and Buddhist psychology to heal trauma, attachment, shame and more. She believes that excavating resources of resiliency is our innate birth right. We have the ability to cope with whatever life throws at us and resiliently bounce back. Jennifer has extensive training in trauma-informed somatic methods to teach you how to recover and heal.
Connan Moody (above right) is the owner of the popular Atlanta coffee shop Academy Coffee. Spending the last six and a half years in the beverage industry in New York, Connan has seen many trends in health-conscious café fare. One healthy trend that is here to stay is Matcha! Through working with various companies for the procurement of this premium green tea from Japan, he has gained an intimate understanding of this ancient beverage — and is excited to share how to make your own Matcha tea drinks.
The 22 Begins With You! Choose a $22 ticket and you’ll get to pick out your very own Matcha mug (pictured at right) to take home, handmade by Connan’s dad, Randall. All paid ticket proceeds directly benefit the Partnership!
How to RSVP
Our Meditation + Matchas Workshop has both free tickets and $22 tickets that come with a mug. Space is limited, so please be sure you register on this page! If you are on the waitlist, you will receive an email at least one day before the event to let you know we have a spot for you.
Directions to the Atlanta BeltLine Center
- Our address is 112 Krog Street NE, Suite 14, Atlanta, GA 30307.
- Here’s a link to a map where you can get directions to the Center. We encourage everyone to walk, bike, ride-share, or take public transportation to this event.
- The Center can be accessed easily by foot or bike directly off of the Eastside Trail, just south of Irwin Street in the Stoveworks Building. Look for the BeltLine Center sign.
- If you will be driving, there is very limited free parking on the first floor of the Alexan on Krog parking deck off Krog Street. Paid valet parking is also available both in the Stoveworks parking area and in the gravel lot at the corner of Krog and Irwin Streets.