The Atlanta BeltLine Lantern Parade is back for its 13th year, and it’s bigger and better than ever! This beloved celebration of creativity, community and light has attracted thousands of visitors each year, and for the second time, it’s coming to the historic Westside of Atlanta.
Businesses might be wondering how they can get involved – and people might want to know more about how to make a lantern and other activities leading up to the parade.
We got you! Here’s a guide to activities and events leading up to the Atlanta BeltLine Lantern Parade:
- Pittsburgh Community Market and Children’s Lantern Parade at Pittsburgh Yards: As part of their weekly Community Market, Pittsburgh Yards is hosting pre-parade festivities, including a lantern making workshop and kids lantern parade from 12 PM – 7 PM. Peruse the offerings of local businesses and vendors in a lively and family-friendly atmosphere before heading over the Lantern Parade. Are you a vendor interested in showcasing your wares? Click here to register before May 17th at 11:59 PM.
- Adair Park Vendor Hub: Arrive early at the start of the parade to enjoy local vendors at this special pop-up market especially organized for the Lantern Parade. 6:30PM-8PM at Adair Park I. Businesses interested in having a stand can click here to register before May 17th at 11:59 PM.
- Westside BeltLine MarketPlace Make-Your-Own Lantern Station: For people or businesses that don’t have a lantern for the Atlanta BeltLine Lantern Parade, no worries! Visit the Westside BeltLine MarketPlace Make-Your-Own Lantern Station on the day of the parade from 6:30 PM – 8:00 PM, located right on the BeltLine trail next to the start of the parade route at Adair Park. This fun and interactive station is hosted by the vendors of the Westside BeltLine MarketPlace, a small business incubator. Supplies will be available on a first come, first-serve basis, so bring the whole family and let the creativity shine!
- ATLanternUP Business Lantern Expo: Area businesses are welcome and encouraged to design and create a lantern that represents their unique brand, display it at their place of business and have it showcased on the Atlanta BeltLine’s interactive map. This is a great opportunity to showcase creativity, attract new customers, and generate awareness for businesses leading up to the parade. Register, take a photo, and upload it here by May 17th to be featured in a grand reveal on the Atlanta BeltLine’s social media channels! Visit the Krewe of the Grateful Glutton’s Lantern Parade webpage to learn about lantern making workshops or DIY tips on lantern making.
- CreateATL Market Community Art Market: The CreateATL Community Art Market is a monthly artist market that coincides with the Lantern Parade. Taking place from 2 PM – 6 PM, it is expected to attract around 600 attendees. This trendy event offers a great opportunity for all to connect with like-minded individuals and discover one-of-a-kind, inspiring works of art.
These additional activities provide a way for local people and businesses to participate in more Lantern Parade festivities. Don’t miss out on the chance to be a part of this amazing Atlanta tradition!