November 1, 2023 at 10 a.m.
ATLANTA (Oct. 18, 2023) – Atlanta BeltLine, Inc. and community leaders are hosting a ribbon cutting to celebrate the completion of Northeast Trail – Segment 2. This 1.2-mile section is the newest portion of the Atlanta BeltLine mainline loop to reach completion. This segment extends from Westminster Drive to Mayson Street and connects neighborhoods Ansley Mall, and Piedmont Park with a pedestrian and bike-friendly path.
- Mayor Andre Dickens, City of Atlanta
- Clyde Higgs, President and CEO, Atlanta BeltLine, Inc.
- Alex Wan, City of Atlanta Councilmember, District 6
- Cynthia Briscoe Brown, Atlanta Public Schools Board Member, At-Large Seat 8
- Rob Brawner, Executive Director, Atlanta BeltLine Partnership
- Bill Compton, President, Piedmont Heights Civic Association
- Wednesday, Nov. 1, 2023
- 10 to 11 a.m. (Media, please arrive by 9:30-9:45 for set up)
- Following the ceremony, media interviews and tours will be available of Northeast Trail – Segment 2.
- On the Northeast Trail corridor behind the Publix at Ansley Mall.
- Address: 1544 Piedmont Ave NE, Atlanta, GA 30324.
- Alternate transportation is encouraged. Parking is available at Ansley Mall in the area next to CVS Pharmacy and the area next to Publix.
About Atlanta BeltLine, Inc.
Atlanta BeltLine, Inc.’s vision is to be the catalyst for making Atlanta a global beacon for equitable, inclusive, and sustainable city life. As one of the largest, most wide-ranging urban redevelopment programs in the United States, the Atlanta BeltLine is building a more socially and economically resilient Atlanta with our partner organizations and host communities through job creation, inclusive transportation systems, affordable housing, and public spaces for all. For more information on the Atlanta BeltLine, please visit www.BeltLine.org.
Atlanta BeltLine, Inc. Office of Communications and Media Relations
100 Peachtree Street, NW, Suite 2300, Atlanta, GA 30303
Jenny Odom, Communications & Media Relations Manager
(404) 477-3659, email@example.com
Meghann Gibbons, Vice President of Communications & Media Relations
(404) 477-3549, firstname.lastname@example.org