The Atlanta BeltLine, Georgia Department of Natural Resources, Georgia Forestry Commission, City of Atlanta Department of Parks & Recreation and conservation organizations are hosting a celebration of Georgia’s incredible natural spaces with the first-ever Great Outdoors Day. From the Okefenokee Swamp to Piedmont Park, from the Blue Ridge Mountains to the Atlanta BeltLine, Georgia and Metro Atlanta are filled with awe-inspiring outdoor spaces and diverse local wildlife. Great Outdoors Day will feature interactive exhibitions from the Georgia Department of Natural Resources, including live wildlife, archery, Gateway to Fishing casting lessons, a visit from Smokey the Bear, firefighting vehicles, and numerous other family-friendly activities highlighting outdoor activity and local wildlife. In addition to demonstrations, information will be available at booths on summer activities.
Atlanta conservation organizations, such as Trees Atlanta, The Georgia Conservancy, and Greening Youth Foundation, will also be in attendance to share the work local groups are doing to protect our air, water, land, and wildlife.
- Atlanta BeltLine, Inc.
- Atlanta BeltLine Partnership
- Georgia Department of Natural Resources
- Georgia Forestry Commission
- City of Atlanta Department of Parks and Recreation
- Local conservation agencies and nonprofits
- Saturday, May 6, 2023
- 10 to 1 p.m.
- Historic Fourth Ward Skatepark activity field, adjacent to Atlanta BeltLine Eastside Trail, 830 Willoughby Way NE, Atlanta 30312.
- Alternate transportation is encouraged.
Event is weather-dependent.