Atlanta BeltLine, Inc. is hosting a groundbreaking ceremony to celebrate the start of construction of the Southside Trail – Segments 4 and 5. This 1.2 mile section is the next portion of the Atlanta BeltLine mainline loop to be completed. The trail will connect the Glenwood Park, Grant Park, Ormewood Park, and Boulevard Heights communities from Glenwood Avenue to Boulevard. This segment will provide accessible routes for residents, visitors, students and families, linking neighborhoods to job centers north and south of I-20.
- Mayor Andre Dickens, City of Atlanta
- Clyde Higgs, President and CEO, Atlanta BeltLine, Inc.
- Jason Winston, City of Atlanta Councilmember, District 1
- Natalie Hall, Fulton County Commissioner, District 4
- Katie Howard, Atlanta Public Schools Board Member, District 1
- Abiy Kaltiso, Transportation Chair South Atlanta for Neighborhood Development (SAND)
- March 13, 2023
- 1 to 1:45 p.m. (Media, please arrive by 12:30-12:45 to get set up)
- Following the ceremony, media interviews and tours will be available of Southside Trail – Segment 4 and 5.
- Enter the trail at 905 Glenwood Ave SE Atlanta, GA 30316
- Alternate transportation is encouraged. The event site is located on MARTA bus line #107.
- Alternate parking is located on Bill Kennedy Way SE as well as the Kroger Parking lot
Comfortable, sturdy shoes are recommended.