The Northwest Trail will run 4.3 miles from the northern terminus of the Westside Trail (in the area of West Marietta and Huff Road) over to the Northeast Trail (in the area of the Armour-Ottley commercial district and the Lindbergh MARTA station). The mainline trail will be 14 feet wide.
Atlanta BeltLine, Inc’s (ABI’s) engineering, real estate, and economic development teams collaborated with the PATH Foundation on the alignment study of the Northwest Trail. The background on the prioritized alignments can be researched in the Northwest Trail Feasibility Study Addendum.
ABI published a separate Request for Qualifications to study transit alignments in fall 2022, which will be funded through a Federal Transit Authority grant.
Below is an update on each of the segments:
- Northwest Trail – Segment 1: 0.8 miles in length. Design is 30% complete. New survey work is underway due to an alignment adjustment at Peachtree Park Apartments. A revised 30% design set will be submitted in April.
- Northwest Trail – Segment 2: 0.7 miles in length. Survey and other fieldwork is in progress and is expected to be complete by the end of March.
- Northwest Trail – Segment 3: 1.2 miles in length. Design drawings are expected to be 60% complete by the end of April.
- Northwest Trail – Segment 4: 0.9 miles in length. Survey and field work is complete on Segment 4, and early design work is in progress.
- Northwest Trail – Segment 5: 0.7 miles in length. Design is 90% complete. Real estate work is currently underway and our Q3 target date for construction is on schedule. A Northside Study Group meeting was held on February 6th to update the community on progress. Download the presentation and watch the meeting recording here.
Last Updated: March 10, 2023