The Northwest Trail will run 4.3 miles from the northern terminus of the Westside Trail (in the area of West Marietta and Huff Road) over to the Northeast Trail (in the area of the Armour-Ottley commercial district and the Lindbergh MARTA station). The mainline trail will be 14 feet wide.
Atlanta BeltLine, Inc’s (ABI’s) engineering, real estate, and economic development teams collaborated with the PATH Foundation on the alignment study of the Northwest Trail. The background on the prioritized alignments can be researched in the Northwest Trail Feasibility Study Addendum.
ABI published a separate Request for Qualifications to study transit alignments in fall 2022, which will be funded through a Federal Transit Authority grant.
Below is an update on each of the segments:
- Northwest Trail – Segment 1: Survey work is complete. Early trail design development is in progress on this segment and the team is currently working to complete 30% drawings.
- Northwest Trail – Segment 2: This segment will move into design and engineering in October, once contracts are finalized.
- Northwest Trail – Segment 3: Survey work continues on this segment, between the Hemphill Waterworks and Tanyard Creek Park.
- Northwest Trail – Segment 4: This segment will move into design and engineering in October, once contracts are finalized.
- Northwest Trail – Segment 5: Survey work on this segment is complete. The 30% drawings are under review by ABI. A virtual community meeting will take place on November 3 with updates on design progress. Meeting details for this Northside Study Group can be found here.
Last Updated: November 3, 2022