Atlanta BeltLine Partnership‘s free fitness classes have resumed for 2019. The Partnership is the largest provider of free fitness classes in the city with classes scheduled throughout the week at parks and other locations along the Atlanta BeltLine.
- The Partnership has offered free fitness classes since 2013 as a way of connecting people to the Atlanta BeltLine and encouraging healthy, active lifestyles.
- Class offerings include traditional exercise disciplines like yoga, aerobics, running, walking, hiking, road and mountain cycling, and boot camp-style workouts.
- Unique fitness classes like skateboarding, hiking with dogs, Caribbean-style workouts, and sunset and sunrise hikes are also available.
- All classes are led by certified fitness instructors.
- In 2018, more than 2,500 people participated in over 375 free classes.
“Getting people out and active on the Atlanta BeltLine is a key part of our efforts to engage the public and promote positive health outcomes,” said Rob Brawner, the Partnership’s Executive Director. “We believe providing access to fitness classes that are both nearby and free facilitates a healthy lifestyle for residents of BeltLine neighborhoods.”
More information on the Partnership’s free fitness classes is available at beltline.org/fitness, and all classes are listed on the Atlanta BeltLine event calendar at beltline.org/events. Please note that some classes require pre-registration.
The Partnership is also interested in talking with individuals or organizations who would like to lead future free fitness classes. Interested parties are invited to complete this online application.
The Partnership’s free fitness classes are made possible through the generous support of Silver Sponsor Resurgens Orthopaedics. Program partners include the Georgia State University College of Education and Human Development, the City of Atlanta Department of Parks and Recreation and 10-AGAIN Fitness.
Following is a list of ABP’s free fitness class providers and the types of classes they offer:
- 10-AGAIN Fitness: Aerobics
- Atlanta BeltLine Partnership: Bike Tours
- Atlanta Contact Point: Washington Park Jamboree
- FitWit: FitWit Boot Camp
- Gauge Fitness: Group Fitness with Gauge Fitness
- Gloria Jackson: Zumba
- November Project ATL: High Intensity Interval Training
- REI: How to Ride a Bike, Sunset and Sunrise Hikes, Outdoor Yoga
- Sons of Pitches FC: Family Pickup Soccer
- Stratosphere/Coca-Cola: Beginner Skateboarding
- Trees Atlanta: Arboretum Walking Tours
- Type One Run Atlanta: Group Running
- UGA Snap-Ed: Nutrition Education
- Vibe Ride: Barre, POUND! Aerobics, CUT Body Boot Camp
- WEToursATL: Art, History, and Urban Farms Tours
Media Contact: Jess Hunt-Ralston, Director of Marketing and Communications; firstname.lastname@example.org; 404-446-4414