|Get Atlanta BeltLine updates right in your inbox!|
The Atlanta BeltLine
Where Atlanta Comes Together. Learn more
Atlanta BeltLine Partnership Rolls Out New Highly-Sustainable, ADA Accessible Tour Bus
Registration for free Atlanta BeltLine Bus Tours opens on the 15th of each month at beltline.org/tours
With the purchase of a natural gas-powered tour bus, the Atlanta BeltLine Partnership’s tour program will become both more environmentally and economically sustainable and handicapped accessible.
“As stewards of precious philanthropic resources, we are pleased to introduce this bus that will enable us to more sustainably and cost effectively host our free tours of the Atlanta BeltLine,” said Atlanta BeltLine Partnership Interim Executive Director Rob Brawner. “We are grateful to our generous donors who have enabled us to invest in such an impressive new bus.”
Funding for the new bus has been made possible through contributions from Tenth and Monroe, LLC, and SunTrust Bank Trusteed Foundations – Florence C. and Harry L. English Memorial Fund and Thomas Guy Woolford Charitable Trust, and AGL Resources.
The new ADA accessible, natural gas powered tour bus showed off its many innovative and sustainable features at BusCon – America’s premiere bus tradeshow – prior to arriving in Atlanta. The investment by donors to support the purchase of this new Ford F-650 Atlanta BeltLine tour bus will enable the program to run at a significantly lower cost of operation, while demonstrating a number of exciting new features including:
- CO2 emission reductions of 13 to 21 percent over traditional gas or diesel buses, as well as reduction of up to 90 percent of nitrous oxides, particulate matter and carbon monoxide
- Access to AGL Resources renewable fuel, wherein methane gas is cleaned up and used as fuel
- ADA compliant lift and wheelchair accessibility
- Improved audio visual system to enhanced tour experience through photos, renderings, video, and other visuals during the tour.
- Atlanta BeltLine-branded wrap that includes removable ad spaces, providing the opportunity for tour sponsors to enjoy heightened visibility on the bus through a new tour sponsorship program
Since its launch in 2007, the Atlanta BeltLine Bus Tour program has provided free, three-hour tours of the Atlanta BeltLine to more than 20,000 individuals and organizations from Atlanta, across the country and around the world. The tour provides the best access to up-close information and views of the project, and is the only opportunity to see the Bellwood Quarry, which will be the future site of Westside Reservoir Park.
Free tour registrations open on the 15th of every month for the following month at beltline.org/tours. ADA reservations can be made by calling or emailing prior to the opening of reservations that month.
Stay in the loop.
There’s always something new happening on the Atlanta BeltLine. Like us on Facebook to get it all in your News Feed.