|Get Atlanta BeltLine updates right in your inbox!|
The Atlanta BeltLine
Where Atlanta Comes Together. Learn more
“Westside Warmup” is Celebrating the Communities and Culture of Southwest Atlanta with Free Events Across Three Venues
Community and business leaders are coming together to showcase southwest Atlanta’s unique neighborhoods, rich culture, and robust businesses in a full evening of activities leading up to Super Bowl LIII. Westside Warmup events will take place in three locations near the Atlanta BeltLine Westside Trail: West End MARTA Station Soccer fields, Lee+White, and 640 West Cafe. Supported by Atlanta BeltLine, Inc., the City of Atlanta Planning Department, and Invest Atlanta, Westside Warmup is happening on Friday, January 25, 2019, from 4 – 10 p.m.
Catch a soccer match – or participate – with StationSoccer. Join South Atlanta High School’s drumline from the West End MARTA station, along the Atlanta BeltLine Westside Trail, to Lee+White. Grab a craft brew at Monday Night Garage. Join the action with a football skills zone with a live radio broadcast with WCLK FM 91.9. Enjoy live music, art, performances, and a vendor market in the heart of the West End.
Born as a community idea to empower local businesses and support community organizations, the Westside Warmup includes an expansive variety of activities for all ages. Below is the calendar of events.
The use of alternative transportation is encouraged. All three venues are conveniently located within walking distance of the West End MARTA station. Free pedicabs will be circulating to carry attendees between all venues. Rideshare options are also available. Limited parking is available at Lee+White.
Here is a link to a map featuring local businesses in the area, some of which will be featured at the event!
StationSoccer, West End MARTA Station, 4 – 8 p.m.
- Located at the end of the south parking lot at the corner of Lee Street and Beecher Street (entry into the station is not required).
- Soccer matches will take place starting with priority for younger kids from 4 – 6 p.m. and adults later in the event, courtesy of Station Soccer and Soccer in the Streets. All are welcome to play!
- Hot dogs and other local food and drink will be available for purchase.
Lee+White, 4 – 7 p.m.
- 1020 White Street, Atlanta, 30310.
- Happy hour at Monday Night Garage.
- Jazz musical performances by Atlanta Music Project.
- Football skills zone with competition and awards for student athletes with performance by South Atlanta High School band.
- Chick-Fil-A food and giveaways with the cow mascot.
- Food and drink tastings with Cultured South’s kombucha, Community Grounds, and additional food vendors.
- Live radio broadcast with WCLK FM 91.9.
640 West Cafe, 6 – 10 p.m.
- 640 Evans Street, Atlanta, 30310.
- Live music and artist performances.
- Vendor market with over 40 participants featuring local food, artists, businesses, and makers.