In the fall of 2016, the Atlanta BeltLine Partnership partnered with Home Place Consulting to provide a series of homeowner assistance workshops designed to make sure existing homeowners in Atlanta BeltLine neighborhoods are equipped to take advantage of available resources to stay in their homes or knowledgeably evaluate opportunities if they are considering selling.
Led by Tia McCoy, a National HomeOwnership Trainer and Consultant, the free, 2-hour community workshops provide information on:
- Resources available to help homeowners stay in their homes
- Homeowner occupied rehab programs
- Property taxes and tax exemptions
- Homeowners insurance and code enforcement
- How to calculate the value of your home
- What investors do with homes they purchase
- How to get a fair price if you sell
- How to be engaged in your community
The workshops were very well attended and additional free workshops are planned for the spring of 2017. The first of these 2017 workshops is scheduled for Saturday, March 11, 2017 at 10:30 a.m. at KIPP STRIVE Academy. Please complete the form below to register. Watch for announcement of additional 2017 workshops. Thanks to Citizens Trust Bank for their sponsorship of the 2017 workshops.
For More Information