|Get Atlanta BeltLine updates right in your inbox!|
The Atlanta BeltLine
Where Atlanta Comes Together. Learn more
Art on the Atlanta BeltLine 2019: Artists and Arts Professionals
Open Call for Artists and Arts Professionals 2019
All Art on the Atlanta BeltLine proposals must be received via the online submission form by Friday, May 3, 2019 at 5 p.m.
Art on the Atlanta BeltLine is seeking visual artists, performers, musicians, lecturers, and art historians (“Art Professional(s)”) at every stage of their careers to apply for our 2019 exhibition season. Historic, environmental, cultural, functional, urban design, and/or aesthetic aspects of the Atlanta BeltLine are good starting points to consider for potential proposal submissions. Projects should be well-researched, well-planned, and feasible. Although not limited to the following examples, potential projects might include all or some of the following:
- Temporary art, sculptural or visual installations;
- Amenities for visitors – such as benches, bike racks, shade structures;
- Gateway or entrance works;
- Performance works of all kinds, including but not limited to street and travelling performers, parade, music, dance, theater, and performance art;
- Utilization of fences or screening devices;
- Loan of existing artwork, such as sculptures or assemblages;
- Environmental works;
- School or class projects
- Historical or didactic works
- Projects that promote exploration of Atlanta BeltLine trails
- Organizational collaborations
Proposed materials shall be durable, requiring minimal maintenance in an outdoor setting. All works must be designed to be safely removed at the end of the designated period or disintegrate safely into the environment. All construction, installation, and de-installation methods must be adequate and safe for public interaction. Projects must last throughout the exhibition period; however, artists may also create and submit performance or ephemeral works that could be scheduled to occur periodically throughout the 2019 exhibition. All works and performances must be suitable for all ages and audiences.
PROPOSAL DUE DATE: All materials must be received by 5:00 pm EST on Friday, May 3, 2019.
DOWNLOAD: the full Request for Proposals.
SUBMIT YOUR PROPOSAL ONLINE: https://arcg.is/1mj85X
- March 6, 2019 @ Kai Lin Art
- March 23, 2019 @ Atlanta BeltLine, Inc. Office
- April 13, 2019 – Eastside Trail Walking Tour
- April 17, 2019 – Northeast Trail behind Mason Fine Art (415 Plasters Ave NE)
- February – March @ Local NPU Meetings