The Atlanta BeltLine welcomes more than 2 million users a year, many of whom frequent the Eastside Trail. In order to maintain Atlanta BeltLine standards of this well-used public space, this project will install new 2-foot-wide Flexi-Pave soft shoulders on either side of the path from Irwin Street to Monroe Drive which will increase increase the width of the trail to 18 feet. The purpose of the new shoulder work is to minimize erosion issues.
Capital improvements also included installing storm water drainage where Drewry Street deadends into the Eastside Trail. That work is complete.
Eastside Trail soft shoulder schedule + trail impacts:
- Construction began in July
- Work duration ~ 5 months
- Work will not begin before 7:30 a.m. on weekdays
- Night work is possible for certain activities
- We will post any traffic changes on this page
- Flaggers, cones, and off-duty police officers will be used in directing traffic throughout the project
Last Updated: September 28, 2021