The Atlanta BeltLine welcomes more than 2 million users a year, many of whom frequent the Eastside Trail. In order to maintain Atlanta BeltLine standards of this well-used public space, this project will install new 2-foot-wide Flexi-Pave soft shoulders on either side of the path from Irwin Street to Monroe Drive which will increase increase the width of the trail to 18 feet. The purpose of the new shoulder work is to minimize erosion issues.
The project will also install storm water drainage where Drewry Street deadends into the trail. Existing drainage conditions at Drewry Street are causing water to run off site, into the Midtown Promenade parking lot. Existing headwall at Drewry Street will be converted to a junction box. Drainage pipes and ditches will be constructed along the west side of the trail, where it will tie into an existing system.
Construction began in June 2021.
Eastside Trail soft shoulder schedule + trail impacts:
- Construction expected to begin first week of July
- Work duration ~ 5 months
- Work will not begin before 7:30 a.m. on weekdays
- Night work is possible for certain activities
- We will post any traffic changes on this page
- Flaggers, cones, and off-duty police officers will be used in directing traffic throughout the project
Drewry Street drainage construction schedule + trail impacts
- Drainage construction began first week of June 2021
- Work duration ~ 30 days
- Temporary full trail closure required, at which time Astra will construct a temporary detour using mulch
- Partial lane closures expected (similar to partial closures during lighting project)
Last Updated: June 3, 2021