|Get Atlanta BeltLine updates right in your inbox!|
The Atlanta BeltLine
Where Atlanta Comes Together. Learn more
Community Engagement Progress
We Couldn't Do It Without You
The involvement of the surrounding community is essential to the success of the Atlanta BeltLine. We have held over 225 public meetings engaging over 5,000 participants in the planning process in an effort to keep everyone informed on progress along the Atlanta BeltLine. We have pledged to stay transparent and keep Atlanta informed as we take this journey together. A project that reflects the goals and aspirations of our neighborhoods is one we call a success!
The Community Engagement Framework
The Atlanta BeltLine’s initial Five Year Work Plan included a legislatively mandated Community Engagement Framework, consisting of five components: a Tax Allocation District Advisory Committee and Affordable Housing Advisory Board; a community representative on the ABI Board of Directors; a community engagement advocate on staff; formal community reporting; and the creation of a structure or framework in which to engage the community in the Atlanta BeltLine planning area. All of these components have been implemented.
Recent Public Meetings
Looking for information or presentations from a recent public meeting? Please follow the links below to find updates on specific topics.
- Southside Trail Design presentation presented at the Southeast + Southwest Study Group Meeting on August 9, 2016.
- Bill Kennedy Way Design presentation presented at the Southeast Study Group Meeting on July 25, 2016
- Southside Trail Design presentation presented at the Southeast + Southwest Study Group Meeting on July 12, 2016
- Subarea 1 Proactive Rezoning presentation presented at the Southwest Study Group Meeting on June 23, 2016
- Second Quarterly Briefing of 2016 presented June 7, 2016
- Westside Trail Construction Update and MLK Jr. Dr. Road Closure presented at the Westside + Southwest Study Group Meeting June 2, 2016
- Bill Kennedy Way Conceptual Designs Options presented at the Northeast + Southeast Study Group Meeting May 10, 2016
- Subarea 1 Proactive Rezoning presentation presented at the Southwest Study Group Meeting on March 29, 2016
- Eastside Trail extension updates, conceptual designs for the Reynoldstown Stage and the conceptual design process for Bill Kennedy Way presented at the Northeast + Southeast Study Group Meeting April 11, 2016
- First Quarterly Briefing of 2016 presented March 1, 2016
- Subarea 1 Proactive Rezoning presentation presented at the Southwest Study Group Meeting on February 25, 2016
- Subarea 5, 6, 7 & 9 Atlanta BeltLine Refresher presented at the Northside + Northeast Study Group Meeting November 19, 2015
- Subarea 1, 2, 9 & 10 Atlanta BeltLine Refresher presented at the Southwest + Westside Study Group Meeting November 16, 2015
- Subarea 3 & 4 Atlanta BeltLine Refresher presented at the Southeast Study Group Meeting November 12, 2015
- The fourth Quarterly Briefing of 2015 on November 3rd celebrated 10 years of the Atlanta BeltLine with a panel discussion looking at the past, present and future of this transformational project. Project updates were shared and a special presentation by the Atlanta BeltLine Partnership highlighted the work of the organization over the past 10 years.
- The third Quarterly Briefing of 2015 on August 17 featured Art on the Atlanta BeltLine, the Atlanta Streetcar System Plan and the Environmental Assessments for the Atlanta Streetcar System Plan’s Crosstown/Midtown and West routes
- The second Quarterly Briefing of 2015 on June 22 featured the Atlanta Streetcar System Plan and the Environmental Assessment for the Atlanta Streetcar System Plan’s East route
- Possible Atlanta Streetcar Vehicle Support Facility Locations Presentation presented at all Study Group Public Meetings May 28, June 1 and June 8 of 2015
- Atlanta Streetcar System Plan Update Presentation presented at Citywide Conversations April 23 and 27, 2015
- The first Quarterly Briefing of 2015 on March 23 featured project updates
- Housing Initiative Program Presentation presented at the Southwest/Westside Study Group Meeting March 12, 2015
- Westside Trail Construction Bridge Removal Over MLK Jr Dr Presentation and Detour Maps presented at the Westside Study Group Meeting February 12, 2015
Past Public Meetings
- You can also download past Quarterly Briefing presentations and other presentations archived for up to one year.
How to Get Involved
We welcome your ideas and participation and input. Here are all of the ways you can participate:
- Serve as the community voice on ABI’s Board
- Attend study group meetings
- Attend citywide briefings
- Attend quarterly briefings
- Join an advisory board
Other ways to get involved:
- Adopt the Atlanta BeltLine
- Become an Atlanta BeltLine Ambassador
- Staff the Atlanta BeltLine booth at a neighborhood festival
- Join the Speakers Bureau
- Volunteer for special events