|Get Atlanta BeltLine updates right in your inbox!|
The Atlanta BeltLine
Where Atlanta Comes Together. Learn more
Community Engagement Progress
We Couldn't Do It Without You
The involvement of the surrounding community is essential to the success of the Atlanta BeltLine. We have held over 225 public meetings engaging over 5,000 participants in the planning process in an effort to keep everyone informed on progress along the Atlanta BeltLine. We have pledged to stay transparent and keep Atlanta informed as we take this journey together. A project that reflects the goals and aspirations of our neighborhoods is one we call a success!
The Community Engagement Framework
The Atlanta BeltLine’s initial Five Year Work Plan included a legislatively mandated Community Engagement Framework, consisting of five components: a Tax Allocation District Advisory Committee and Affordable Housing Advisory Board; a community representative on the ABI Board of Directors; a community engagement advocate on staff; formal community reporting; and the creation of a structure or framework in which to engage the community in the Atlanta BeltLine planning area. All of these components have been implemented.
Recent Public Meetings
Looking for information or presentations from a recent public meeting? Please follow the links below to find updates on specific topics:
- Streetcar Environmental Assessments: Study Group Presentation originally presented on April 17, 2014
- Eastside Trail southern extension on April 14, 2014. Download the FAQ’s and the 50% design drawings from Irwin Street to DeKalb Avenue, along Wylie Street, and from Wylie Street to Memorial Drive.
- Stakeholder & Technical Advisory Committee Meeting on April 14, 2014
- Quarterly Briefing on March 3, 2014 to introduce the Strategic Implementation Plan
- Atlanta BeltLine / Atlanta Streetcar System Plan Citywide Briefing on February 25, 2014
- Westside Trail design meeting on February 20, 2014
- Westside Trail Information Open House presentation on January 14, 2014. Download the Frequently Asked Questions here.
Past Public Meetings
- You can also download past Quarterly Briefing presentations and other presentations archived for up to one year.
How to Get Involved
We welcome your ideas and participation and input. Here are all of the ways you can participate:
- Serve as the community voice on ABI’s Board
- Attend study group meetings
- Attend citywide briefings
- Attend quarterly briefings
- Join an advisory board
Other ways to get involved:
- Adopt the Atlanta BeltLine
- Become an Atlanta BeltLine Ambassador
- Staff the Atlanta BeltLine booth at a neighborhood festival
- Join the Speakers Bureau
- Volunteer for special events