|Get Atlanta BeltLine updates right in your inbox!|
The Atlanta BeltLine
Where Atlanta Comes Together. Learn more
Lots of interesting and fun events and meetings happening next week.
February 6, 2013
Atlanta BeltLine Night at the Hawks!
Join supporters of the Atlanta BeltLine as the Hawks take on the Memphis Grizzlies next Wednesday, February 6th at Philips Arena!
Enjoy these special Atlanta BeltLine Night with the Hawks activities as well:
- The seats to watch the warm-up activities courtside have been filled, but there is still room at the pre-game reception.
- Join us at 6 p.m. for the Atlanta BeltLine Pre-Game Reception, where we will announce the winner of the official, autographed Hawks team basketball! The reception is free and open to all, but please let us know when you purchase your ticket if you plan to join us so that we can plan accordingly.
- Remember to wear your Atlanta BeltLine apparel to show off your spirit! Don’t have any yet? Sport some blue or green instead!
February 7, 2013
Ponce de Leon Ave. Improvement Community Meetings
Ponce De Leon Avenue is slated for several road improvement projects over the next several years to enhance its efficiency and improve the mobility of pedestrians, cyclist, and vehicles. These projects include: resurfacing, lane reconfiguration, ADA accessibility improvements, and improved access to public transportation as well as the Atlanta BeltLine. Improvements will be concentrated between Juniper Street and Briarcliff Road/Moreland Ave with street resurfacing extending beyond this scope. The City of Atlanta and Atlanta BeltLine are partnering with the Georgia Department of Transportation to coordinate these projects.
The public is invited to attend these open house meetings to learn more about the road improvement projects, anticipated sequencing of these projects, and more detailed schedule information where possible.
- The first meeting is for local business owners from 7:30 to 9:30 a.m. at Ponce City Market.
- The second meeting for the general community is from 6:30 to 8 pm at Inman Middle School.
Implementation Plan meeting in Southwest Atlanta
Atlanta City Councilmembers Joyce Sheperd, Carla Smith and Cleta Winslow are hosting a community meeting from 6:30 – 8 p.m. on February 7at Atlanta Metropolitan College about the Atlanta BeltLine Implementation Plan. More details here.
Atlanta BeltLine Run Club
Join us at Park Tavern at 6:30 p.m., February 7, for the latest Atlanta BeltLine Run Club! Stick around after for good food, drinks and mingling!