|Get Atlanta BeltLine updates right in your inbox!|
The Atlanta BeltLine
Where Atlanta Comes Together. Learn more
The Eastside Trail will be a hive of activity this Sunday, October 7! Check out the following events – all taking place on the newest stretch of the Atlanta BeltLine:
- Creative Loafing Scavenger Hunt for Art on the Atlanta BeltLine
- 12 – 2 p.m.
- Get clues from CL staff, work as a team or as individuals to find artwork, take a photo with the art, and Twitpic it. First person / group to find alll artwork wins!
- Proceeds go to benefit Art on the Atlanta BeltLine.
- Details here: clatl.com/arthunt
- Atlanta Streets Alive
- 2 – 6 p.m.
- Human-powered amusement! Bring your wheels, your feet, your dog, your family, your neighbors and come out for five miles of closed-to-traffic streets through Virginia Highland, Poncey-Highlands, and Inman Park. For the first time, the route includes the Eastside Trail for a total of five miles. Games, drinks, and general merryment all along the way.
- Full info: www.atlantastreetsalive.com
- Tours of Ponce City Market from the Eastside Trail
- 2 – 5:30 p.m.
- Every half-hour, tours of the old Sears building / City Hall East will depart. See the inner workings of this historic landmark as it is converted into shops, homes, and businesses by 2014. You even get to walk through the tunnel connecting the Eastside Trail to the building and envision the future multi-use path spur directly into the building and out into an open-air courtyard on the other side. Look for Dancing Goats Coffee and New Belgium Brewing outside.
- Click here for all the Ponce City Market details.
- Art on the Atlanta BeltLine performances
- 5 – 7 p.m.
- Join us on the Atlanta BeltLine corridor just north of Piedmont Park, behind the Atlanta Botanical Garden, for the peaceful sounds of Spiral of Sound Crystal Bowl Choir’s Stop, Look, Listen and the interpretive dance of Crossover Movement Arts’ Your Footsteps Bring Life II: Flotilla.
- All of the performance details here.
See you on the trail this weekend!
Stay in the loop.
There’s always something new happening on the Atlanta BeltLine. Like us on Facebook to get it all in your News Feed.