|Get Atlanta BeltLine updates right in your inbox!|
The Atlanta BeltLine
Connecting Atlanta's rich history to a vibrant future. Learn more
December 1 Event Features First Official Run on New Eastside Trail and Exciting Tailgate and Neighborhood Challenges
ATLANTA (Aug. 23, 2012) The Atlanta BeltLine Running Series announces its second annual Atlanta BeltLine Eastside 10K on Saturday, December 1, kicking off at Stoveworks (112 Krog Street Northeast Atlanta, GA 30307) at 10 a.m. This first official run/walk on the new Eastside Trail winds through the Inman Park, Midtown, Old Fourth Ward, Poncey Highland, and Virginia Highland neighborhoods. Participants will pass by the new Historic Fourth Ward Park and Skate Park, take in beautiful vistas of downtown and midtown Atlanta, travel an off-road stretch of the Atlanta BeltLine corridor, and enjoy a jaunt through Piedmont Park.
“We are so excited to get out and get active on the new Eastside Trail with the Atlanta BeltLine Eastside 10K. We encourage Atlantans to take advantage of this awesome new trail and this exciting event to show their team spirit and get moving!”
– Atlanta BeltLine Partnership Executive Director Valarie Wilson
Coinciding with the day of the SEC Championship and Championship Saturday, the Eastside 10K features an exciting Tailgate Challenge that encourages college football fans to represent their schools and enjoy a rigorous run before heading into the evening’s football programming. Teams are forming quickly, including representatives from Agnes Scott University, Auburn University, Georgia State University, Georgia College and State University, Kansas State University, University of Georgia, and Vanderbilt University, with more to come.
The race also features a Neighborhood Challenge, in which neighborhood associations will compete for a $1,000 cash purse to be awarded to the fastest, largest, and most spirited neighborhood teams. “We are very excited to give Atlanta’s neighborhood associations the opportunity to compete for BeltLine bragging rights and potentially win some cash to support their community,” said Atlanta BeltLine Partnership Program Director, Rob Brawner.
More details about the Atlanta BeltLine Running Series – including the Atlanta BeltLine Eastside 10K, challenges and other races, can be found at http://run.beltline.org.
Participants are encouraged to register by November 28th, when registration will increase from $38 to $45. Proceeds benefit the Atlanta BeltLine Partnership.
Special amenities offered to Eastside 10K participants include:
- Tailgate Challenge including exciting prizes such as happy hour events from several local venues, the ability to setup your tailgate tent along the race route!
- Neighborhood Challenge featuring a cash purse of $1,000 to be awarded to the neighborhood associations fielding the largest,, fastest and most spirited teams. The winning neighborhoods will get featured in Atlanta Intown
- Great new start and finish location: Stoveworks
- Long-sleeved technical shirts, thanks to Nike
- Unique medals
- Points earned toward Atlanta BeltLine Running Series Challenge prizes
- AND, proceeds from the race support the Atlanta BeltLine Partnership!
Registration is open and additional information is available at http://Run.BeltLine.org.